Sitting in the "wrong" end

Got a pair of tickets for the home end today. Never done it before so didn't know what to expect. Decided I should just sit there and be quiet. Not give away my allegiances.

However I realised i'd be alright when I saw a girl sat near me brazenly wearing Rangers branded gear.

Turns out some guy bought 45 tickets for their end and sold them to bears so there was a wee group of us.

No bother for most the game. They celebrated their goal. Was a bit sick being so close to that. Initially I kept quiet, but you've all seen i'm a loony and quite quickly I forgot where I was and kept shouting for Rangers decisions etc.

When we celebrated the third some Hamilton fans were spitting mad at us, asking stewards to eject us etc. The security guys bottled it. Safety in numbers for us.

Why did it take until the third for their fans to take the hump at us though? Nothing inciteful was happening, just supporting our team.

After they had a tantrum some of the bears started taking the piss, sarcastically supporting Accies. Was great banter. :devil:

Anyone got any more interesting stories of this kind of thing? Like sitting in the home end at Pittodrie or the glitter dome?

I've only ever been in the wrong end at Rugby Park with no real problems apart from a few Killie fans taking the huff at bears celebrating goals, i doubt i'd ever try it at Timmy Towers or sheepyville though.

I saw that there was some "issues" in the Hamilton stand. They started as early as our first goal and there was some complaints then as well. The police ended up clamping down more on their fans and I saw a few getting chucked out.

I've sat in the wrong end at Pittodrie a few times. Once in the main stand which was OK and once at the King St end. I had to be very quiet for that one.

Also went into the hearts end at Tynecastle a few times in the late 80s, but always managed to get transferred into the Gers end.

man, doing it at pitoddrie would be some buzz. that's something to be aspired to. we should do a gersnet gonzo journalistic article - we could get help from the civilisationaly-deprived gersnet members on how to talk sheep convincingly!

Did it at Rugby Park - not a pleasant experience. There was a bunch of us but scattered around the stadium. We scored - Killie fans start a fight, Gers fans kicked out - I was sat on my hands as it was the only way I could stop myself cheering !

Done it plenty of times.Got a s/t from a guy in my old work for the club deck the day we were banned...pretty intimidating,especially when the bloke next to you tries to strike up a conversation ,you just think he must know.Also my big blue nose mate was in with sheep in the South stand,when the o/f got the beach end,and a wee bit of the south stand ,he was walking along the back to try and sneak into the Rangers bit when Ally McCoist scored a rasper from 30 yds and he went bugsy,only to take a kicking from some sheep casuals and worse..THE GOAL GOT CHOPPED OFF