JEAN-CLAUDE DARCHEVILLE is ready to jump at a move to Nantes or Marseille.

The French Ligue 1 sides are tracking the Rangers striker who has dropped down the pecking order at Ibrox this season.

Darch has told friends he wants to end his Gers hell in January and SunSport can reveal he�s already eyeing a return to France.

Nantes and Marseilles are both understood to be keen on the 33-year-old striker, who has failed to score in eight outings this season.

Darcheville has been alerted to the transfer interest in his homeland and has hinted he is ready to call time on his Rangers career.

He said: ââ?¬Å?My agent has told me about a few contacts there. Nothing is impossible. It is France that made me and I donââ?¬â?¢t forget it.

ââ?¬Å?Iââ?¬â?¢m not saying no to a return. It will depend on opportunities.ââ?¬Â

Darcheville is now Gers� FIFTH choice striker behind Kris Boyd, Kenny Miller, Kyle Lafferty and Nacho Novo. That�s a situation the former Bordeaux star is no longer prepared to accept.

The Frenchman is out of contract in the summer and Gers boss Walter Smith will be tempted to cash in on a player he has used sparingly this season.

Darcheville added: ââ?¬Å?I have been told about interest from Nantes.

ââ?¬Å?I know the manager Elie Baup and we have a good relationship.

ââ?¬Å?And Marseille? If such a club contacted me, it would not leave me uninterested.ââ?¬Â

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/article1903354.ece

Seems to me that his 5th in the pecking order is merited. Had 8 games to impress this season - and basically didn't.

Find the "end my Rangers Hell" line a bit strange considering his circumstances don't seem to correlate.

I think by the time he goes, most people won't be too bothered after articles and quotes like that.

I think even the anti-Boyd brigade would now prefer our perennial top scorer in the team before Darch.

At least when he goes he'll no longer have some bigoted racist (ironic joke) calling him "Darkie-ville" during the football commentary...

JCD looked a decent player when he first arrived last season. Any time he was injured most of us were disappointed as his pace, touch and strength were extremely useful.

Unfortunately these injuries, coupled with a dreadful run of form, means it's better for us all that he leaves sooner rather than later.

I agree about JC - last season a fit and on form, Darcheville would have been a first pick for me. However he kept becoming injured and his form suffered, somewhat. It was great that we had a similar player in Cousin - although his problem for consistency was his attitude and motivation.

Without that baggage of both players, and instead put in some consistent form, fitness and motivation, they could have been fantastic for us, if not legends.

As it is, Cousin worked his ticket out of Ibrox and now it seems JCD is doing the same. I doubt either will be missed as much as their potential suggested.

The Frenchman, without doubt would have been very useful in the CL this season, but without that, the SPL fails to be a platform for him to perform. The lack of Europe, will probably give Boyd a very good chance to work his way into a first pick player, alongside Miller.

Didn't he say the other week he didn't want to go back to France as he loved it here? :D

That was when he was trying to get a new deal here of course.

Now that he knows he is not getting a new deal here, he all of a sudden "cannot forget" France where he made his name.

I just hope that we secure a reasonable fee for him and dont end up giving him away just to reduce the wage bill as Bain has done so many times before.