This was the original squad according to the BBC:

Scotland squad:

Goalkeepers: Craig Gordon (Sunderland), David Marshall (Norwich City), Allan McGregor (Rangers)

Defenders: Graham Alexander (Burnley), Darren Barr (Falkirk), Christophe Berra (Hearts), Kirk Broadfoot (Rangers), Gary Caldwell (Celtic), Alan Hutton (Tottenham Hotspur), Stephen McManus (Celtic), Jamie McAllister (Bristol City), Gary Naysmith (Sheffield United)

Midfielders: Scott Brown (Celtic), Kris Commons (Derby County), Barry Ferguson (Rangers), Darren Fletcher (Manchester United), Paul Hartley (Celtic), Shaun Maloney (Celtic), James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion), Barry Robson (Celtic)

Forwards: David Clarkson (Motherwell), Steven Fletcher (Hibernian), Chris Iwelumo (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Ross McCormack (Cardiff City), James McFadden (Birmingham City), Kenny Miller (Rangers)

Obviously Miller, D Fletcher, S Fletcher, Gordon, McCormack and Morrison have dropped out with just Robertson (Dundee Utd) and Miller (Aberdeen) called up.

So who would you start, and if you're really adventurous you can try and guess who Burley will pick.

I think he'll go for:

McGregor

Broadfoot McManus Caldwell Naysmith

Brown Ferguson Hartley Robson

Iwelumo McFadden

Not exactly inspiring is it?

Could do with a decent CB in there.

A new LB is needed.

Burley insisted on playing basically the entire Celtic midfield in the next game after they got destroyed at Parkhead by our midfield. Having a fit Thomson in beside to beef up the midfield would've been nice. We could drop Hartley then, who is hopeless.

Oh to have Kris Boyd upfront. But have no fear, Iwelumo is available. :rolleyes:

He may well play with 5 in midfield though, drop Iwelumo and put Maloney wide left with Robson playing more centrally.

Anyone going along?

Id pay money just to get a glimpse of Maradona - IMO the greatest player of all time.

Have to say this Burley / Butcher regime is reminding me of Vogts time. Who gives a monkey if Butcher hasnt forgiven Maradona for 86

From that squad with D Fletcher out id go with :

_____________________Gordon____________________

Hutton_______McManus_______Caldwell_______Naysmith

Brown_______Ferguson________Hartley________Maloney

_________________Miller______McFadden_____________

I coulod be well wrong, but surely Burley should have talked Boyd into going back or at least have talked to him. He is far and away the best striker we have BUT is also his fault too.......understandably!

Anyone going along?

Id pay money just to get a glimpse of Maradona - IMO the greatest player of all time.

Have to say this Burley / Butcher regime is reminding me of Vogts time. Who gives a monkey if Butcher hasnt forgiven Maradona for 86

From that squad with D Fletcher out id go with :

_____________________Gordon____________________

Hutton_______McManus_______Caldwell_______Naysmith

Brown_______Ferguson________Hartley________Maloney

_________________Miller______McFadden_____________

I'm going. Very rarely miss a Scotland game, even if we will get horsed. Good chance to see some decent football though. I agree with the Vogts comparison. Burley is proving to be an arse.

A poster on FF who was supposedly spot on with the team for the Norway game states this will be the team for Argentina:

Allan McGregor

Alan Hutton (RB)

McManus

Caldwell

Kirk Broadfoot (LB)

Barry Ferguson

Commons

Hartley

Brown

Iwelumo

McFadden.

No source named but most seem to believe him based on his previous.

A poster on FF who was supposedly spot on with the team for the Norway game states this will be the team for Argentina:

No source named but most seem to believe him based on his previous.

The only ones that would be surprises would be Broadfoot at LB and Commons, and possibly McGregor too (or is Gordon injured/out of favour ?).

So I can see him being right.