Murray voices faith in McCoist

Guest Jum Spence

Whether or not it was appropriate for DM to make any comments on this, I think McCoist would be one of the best candidates for the job. He's got a good understanding of the game already and by the time Walter steps down he'll be well prepared to take over. He knows the SPL and more importantly knows Rangers and it's 'traditions' as well as anyone. He also has the respect of the players, who will no doubt give 100% not to let him down and (should have) the respect of the fans.

It should be remembered that Murray had faith in Smith when Souness left and gave him his first managerial job. He also gave Paul le Guen 'Europe's hottest young manager' a guy with a fantastic CV a shot. Look which one of those two worked out best.

I'll be absolutely delighted if McCoist takes over from WS. He might not have the management experience, but what he lacks in that department, he more than makes up for in others. I only hope that if he IS given the opportunity, he's respected & given time to get it right if things don't go our way.

The ONLY thing that should matter is whether he is the best candidate for the job.

There have been a few claims about McCoist's strengths in this thread, but nobody has justified why they have reached the conclusion that he has them.

Is he a better tactician or man manager than someone like Craig Levein, for example?

The ONLY thing that should matter is whether he is the best candidate for the job.

There have been a few claims about McCoist's strengths in this thread, but nobody has justified why they have reached the conclusion that he has them.

Is he a better tactician or man manager than someone like Craig Levein, for example?

Roughly what i was thinking with my post. My heart would say Ally but my Head would say someone who has managed another team with reasonable success.

I'll be absolutely delighted if McCoist takes over from WS. He might not have the management experience, but what he lacks in that department, he more than makes up for in others. I only hope that if he IS given the opportunity, he's respected & given time to get it right if things don't go our way.

What "others" are those then? Smiling, joking, needing to be loved?