Will Magic do a Boumsong?

Evening Times says Marseille are preparing a bid of around �£4m for Bhougherra in January.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2469710.0.marseille_set_to_bid_for_madjid.php

Now can someone please explain to me why this always happens to us and never Celtic? By that I mean why do we lose our best players to "bigger" clubs season after bloody season while they get to keep their top performers without even a sniff of interest around them.

Off the top of my head I give you Cuellar, Hutton, Gio, Arteta, Barry, Reyna, Tugay...I'm sure there are more as I've had this discussion with my mates a few times and we always come up with the same conclusion: Petrov to Villa is the only time they have lost someone that was truly part of the spine of their team. Larsson doesn't count he was there for years.

No fair.:mad:

Evening Times says Marseille are preparing a bid of around �£4m for Bhougherra in January.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2469710.0.marseille_set_to_bid_for_madjid.php

Now can someone please explain to me why this always happens to us and never Celtic? By that I mean why do we lose our best players to "bigger" clubs season after bloody season while they get to keep their top performers without even a sniff of interest around them.

Off the top of my head I give you Cuellar, Hutton, Gio, Arteta, Barry, Reyna, Tugay...I'm sure there are more as I've had this discussion with my mates a few times and we always come up with the same conclusion: Petrov to Villa is the only time they have lost someone that was truly part of the spine of their team. Larsson doesn't count he was there for years.

No fair.:mad:

Only Hutton and Tugay didn't want to go...#

But maybe it's because no-one wants Celtic's players...

But maybe it's because no-one wants Celtic's players...

Apart from maybe MON and even he didn't have to break the bank to take Maloney off their hands.

I don't think any of their players are worth much tbh. Even McGeady could be bought for �£2-3 million if a big enough club came in for him and he wanted to go. While we'll moan and groan about losing the likes of Cuellar, for them it's more a case of 'good riddance' if one of their better players leave having said he wants to go.

TBH I think only Larrson was worth a punt by another club. But he was in his comfort zone. A league that he shone in. Petrov thought he was good enough to shine, but he has been proven to be another also ran in the EPL. Nothing special.

Hutton has shone with Spurs and will get better under Harry.

Gio - did well

Reyna - did well

Tugay - done well

Arteta - wanted to go home, but has doen well with the Toffees

Barry - got injured and then pined for home (knew he was no big fish down there....)

Cuellar - enough said, his ego thought he was as good as his agent said.

Boumsong - should have taken the Larrson view. He was awful in the EPL.

Arteta was "homesick" therefore wanting a\ move back to Spain. As soon as he got to Spain though he came back over to Britain and joined Everton. Twat!

He went back for a season though, think his bird at the time hated Scotland.