WALTER SMITH is hopeful of having four injured players back in his Rangers side for this weekend's trip to Hearts.

Madjid BougherraMadjid Bougherra and Sasa Papac, who both missed the victories against St Mirren and Aberdeen, are in contention to return.

Kris Boyd, who limped off after scoring the clincher against the Dons on Saturday, should recover in time for the match at Tynecastle too.

The outlook is a little bleaker at present for Kenny Miller, who sat out the meeting with Jimmy Calderwood's men and Scotland's clash with Argentina last midweek.

The calf problem which prevented him from taking part in those fixtures continues to hinder him and it remains to be seen if he'll be available in Edinburgh.

Boss Smith hopes that with the intensive treatment he receives at Murray Park over the next few days, his striker can come back into the fold.

Rangers have had to get by without a number of key performers lately, with Kevin Thomson and Steven Davis absent because of injury and compassionate grounds.

Having up to four more players in his squad again would come as a big boost to Smith as his side looks to make up ground in the SPL title race.Kenny Miller

He said: "I think Sasa will be fit for the game and I'm quite certain that Kris Boyd, who came off injured on Saturday, will be okay.

"I'm also fairly hopeful that Madjid Bougherra, who has struggled with a calf strain over the last few weeks, will come in again too.

"Kenny Miller has taken a nasty knock to his calf and that's one of those we'll have to take care of.

"We hope he'll be able to play for us this weekend but I'd say at the moment that he's a little bit doubtful."

Good to hear big Magic is back as he also offers something going forward.

Bougherra will be the biggest boost if he returns imo.

Assume Boyd will be ok. Think we can cope without Sasa and Miller, though would be preferable if they were available obviously.

Doesn't really clear up the Davis situation. Not asking what exactly is going on as it obviously concerns his wife and newborn. I merely mean it is not clear if things are going well in that respect and that'll he be available this weekend.