Q. Why do we keep dropping daft points...?

...Why do we keep dropping daft points when on paper we have a better side than celtic and they were in europe(which is supposed to have you dropping some points in your own domestic league due to tiredness), yet we have over a week to plan games tactically and get fit for them and we are dropping more points than celtic?

This is driving me mad this season.

Darcheville even said that we should win the league this year because Celtics euro run will make them take their eye off the league. So, i ask you JCD if thats your mentality then why are we now 7 points behind them the week they bow out of europe?

I think most people thought that we would have been able to plan a relaxed raid on the league this year because we had a limited number of games to play compared to celtic, but it's not worked this way and i wonder if the players and management of Rangers are to blame for expecting celtic to drop points and as a result going into games complacently.

If thats the case then we need to axe the whole (so-called second coming) of Walter Smith's coaching staff(him included).

This comes from a Big Walter fan who has up till now always backed him against any kind of criticism.

But recently it has been totally unforgivable to drop league points against the pish of StMirren and Hearts. Dundee Utd are our bogey side, so that was maybe excusable, but none others were.

So, whats fundamentaly wrong with our set up this time?

We have had four seasons to plan the downfall of Celtic, and bar a few wins in the league against them, we havent even come that close to be honest.

Last season was the closest but we used europe as an excuse to make ourselves feel better when all we had to do was defend for another 2 minutes in the first of the two league games at parkhead at the end of last season. Sounds easy now but we all know now we werent up to it as celtic always showed more spirit and need for the title.

To finish on what will probably seem a daft point too. It just seems to me that everytime we play an away side they seem to be so up for it. Yet when Celtic play them they seem as though they lie back. Dont want to sound paranoid but it's so frustrating to watch Hearts and StMirren play like men possessed against Rangers and then play like pussies against Celtic.

I'd love to hear your theories on why we are pish when we shouldnt be.

signed

frustrated bear

If you don't like the post m8 then don't reply simple as that .......

If only people did that with my posts :P

TBH the question seems to have a simple answer(s) but resolving the issue seems to go over the management and players heads.

1) We take the foot off the peddle to early in games

2) Players out of position

3) Tactics / formation wrong

4) To loyal to certain players

5) You can only get away with so many duds

''Why do we keep dropping daft points when on paper we have a better side than celtic and they were in europe(which is supposed to have you dropping some points in your own domestic league due to tiredness), yet we have over a week to plan games tactically and get fit for them and we are dropping more points than celtic?''

We keep saying we have a better team than them, do we really??

''Why do we keep dropping daft points when on paper we have a better side than celtic and they were in europe(which is supposed to have you dropping some points in your own domestic league due to tiredness), yet we have over a week to plan games tactically and get fit for them and we are dropping more points than celtic?''

We keep saying we have a better team than them, do we really??

...........NO.

If only people did that with my posts :P

TBH the question seems to have a simple answer(s) but resolving the issue seems to go over the management and players heads.

1) We take the foot off the peddle to early in games

2) Players out of position

3) Tactics / formation wrong

4) To loyal to certain players

5) You can only get away with so many duds

All of the above - but you know what our downfall is IMO ? It is the fact that every single game we start at such a low tempo that we provide confidence to the other team.

I could have told you after 10 mins yesterday we would lose. We allowed Hearts to play with a high tempo and that lifted their players and their fans. In the meantime we seemed happy to trot around the pitch almost as if it was a training match.

We have the best team in the league IMO yet instead of going for the jugular (look at the ICT game at Ibrox) we always end up on the back foot and struggling to get to grips with games.

Compare and contrast that to the Tims who always seem to take the game to their opponents, thereby making their opponents realise that they are, in fact, underdogs and expected to lose, thus deflating them.

So frustrating that we start so slowly ALL the time.