Apparently the excuse offered up to protect the reputation of the roly poly goaly is that it moved in the air, well not according to the video evidence from directly behind the shot it didn't. :D

Yeah, it must have been blowing a hurricane or something. He definitely didn't see it coming either & definitely shouldn't have moved out to catch it. :D

Only thing I will disagree with in John Barr's otherwise interesting post is that we have a good alternative in Alexander. Although goalies reach their peak much later, Neil's well into his thirties and has had a, shall we say, chequered career. If we let Mac go, we'd be looking for a replacement and we've enough other priorities (left side for instance) without that.

Best thing, as Gribz says, is to get a good goalkeeping coach like Goram. Who's our coach at the moment? Is it Jim Stewart? Whoever it is has to start earning his corn.

Anyway, with his off-field image, who is going to pay big money? We'd be lucky to get a couple of millions, and that's not enough in my book to jettison a keeper whose best years are still ahead of him.

I still think that Neil Alexander is a better overall keeper and keepers seem to improve with age and he is 30 not well into his thirties mate :D

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/Profiles/0,,5~15193,00.html

�£10m swoop. AC Milan, Arsenal. Best Goalie in Britain.

Or.....

Chubby Fanny.

Hadn't seen that til your post mate. Fuckin superb.

McGregor's still havin a bad yin right enough. He really needs to stop getting absolutely plastered week in week out, which by all accounts from folk I know in the "hospitality industry", he is.

EDIT: forgot to quote the Borat video above

Glad this was brought up. Being a goalkeeper myself as well as a keeper coach this is a important subject. Mcgregor needs to be dropped. Forget his off the field antics but he simply hasnt reached his level of form from last season. He's not even consistant which is so vital. Mistakes are coming all too much and they're all basic mistakes linked to 1 area. High balls.

Bravery is a big thing for a keeper,you can be brave and go into a challenge at a strikers feet no problem but it takes a different type of bravery to come off your line and have the confidence to attack the ball and go through whatever's in your way.

I'm sure it's being worked on by Jim Stewart but i think it's best for him to have a bit of time on the bench just so he can solely get rectify this area in his game. For me the rest of his game is very high standard. Great shot stopper,great agility,reactions and he's good on the deck.

A spell on the bench will do him no harm at all.