Gers Fan Banning Order-Famine Song

You're glad to hear that Celtic fans are being allowed to dictate what Rangers fans can and cannot sing?

Very strange attitude.

Where did I mention anything like that? :confused:

Rangers fans were asked not to sing the song yet a minority still do/did even with the threat of a fine/docked points hanging over us.

There's nothing strange about that. Let's say Celtic did dictate what songs we could/couldn't sing. If we're told not to sing them yet we continually do then we're staring danger straight in the face.

Seems like a normal attitude to me.

When I was younger I pushed the boundries to see how far I could go but the threat of being grounded, have my pockey money taken off me or getting the back of my legs skelped by a slipper often put me right off being a bad wee bastard.

It's like the fans who continually smoke in the toilets at Ibrox. They know it'w wrong yet they continue to do it even with the threat of them being thrown out Ibrox and their season ticket taken off them. I just don't understand why they run the risk of doing it and being caught. You're told not to do something so don't do it!

Sorry those examples don't apply to this issue.

In this case it is valid to question the coverage and interpretation of this 'song (actually a four sentence chant) and deem it inaccurate enough to challenge the attention placed upon on it.

Similarly, one must also ask why other songs don't have the same attention placed on them.

If you read any reports from this court case, Strathclyde Police say they will continue to police football events and arrest anyone singing sectarian / racist / offensive songs 'without fear or favour'.

Now, without fear or favour is an interesting 4 word phrase that isn't being applied by the police. If you search youtube and watch footage of the anti-british demo outside Parkhead in November, you can clearly hear / see Celtc fans singing pro-IRA songs (an illeagal activity in itself) whilst the Strathclyde Police stand back and watch. So, where is this 'without fear or favour' approach that they bang on about?

Another glaring example of one rule for one, one rule for another.

Cammy F

Sorry those examples don't apply to this issue.

In this case it is valid to question the coverage and interpretation of this 'song (actually a four sentence chant) and deem it inaccurate enough to challenge the attention placed upon on it.

Similarly, one must also ask why other songs don't have the same attention placed on them.

No matter if it's right or wrong or if someone has acted without fear or favour, if you're asked not to do something by the autorities then you shouldn't do it. If you do continue to something wrong then you run the risk of being punished.

So, the authorities tell you to stop drinking beer tomorrow... - itself something that causes more problems in this country than famine chants.

Do you do it? Or do you challenge such a ruling?

If it meant being sent to prison or getting a huge fine I'd stop drinking beer. Of course I would! What point is there me challenging a ruling? People way above me are paid to do stuff like that.

No matter if it's right or wrong or if someone has acted without fear or favour, if you're asked not to do something by the autorities then you shouldn't do it. If you do continue to something wrong then you run the risk of being punished.

So it's wrong for all these people who have stood up for their civil rights over the years to have done so?

I'd rather stand up for what I believe in than bow down and allow myself to be dictated to by those who hate our club.