From Awesome to Terrible

So Boyd should only concentrate on scoring against Celtic ? :yawn:

You said he needed to do it against the better teams - he HAS. Simple. He has played once against Celtic and not scored and you revert to type and make Boyd a scapegoat.

He ISNT a scapegoat - Whittaker, Broadfoot, Adam are worse than Boyd - CANT you register this from previous posts????

Yes he needs to do it in better teams - Celtic and Europe!!!!! How can anyone say doing it against Motherwell is doing it better then St Mirren??

When is Cammy, Gav, Gisabeer, Frankie, Juff or any other normallity poster going to come on and agree!!! Ive got all the Pro Boyd boys on!!!!

Mike, there isnt a top 6 in scotland, it changes like socks every week/season!! The OF are streets ahead the others are a lottery! :cheers:

That just goes to show how flawed the original argument is then! Or are we talking about the big European sides? Who he hardly ever starts against anyway...

I still think he's the least of our worries :)

I'm also not quite sure how Mendes can be too good for us. If he was that good, then surely he'd take more games by the scruff of the neck and try to turn them around as I think he still disappears too easily when things aren't going our way.

Boyd wasnt the biggest offender. He needs service. How many chances did we really create today ? ONE. Sure Boyd missed it but it was a decent save from Boruc.

BF and Mendes had ZERO creativity between them. Davis didnt get past the defender and Adam was a waste.

I am still trying to work out why the hell WS brought on Lafferty at LM when he has proven time and time again that he cant cut it at that position.

Celtic were pish too - neither team is decent and neither team did enough to win the game.

Perhaps if you were as scathing on the players you have also just mentioned initially you may see how your posts today can be percieved.

Whittaker and Adam today for me, were by far the worst players but you come out with your normal Boyd nonsense.

He did better than Miller IMO and as has been said, won his fair share of hearders for flick ons and the link up play normally involved him.

And I'm the one with the blinkers on??? Mendes and Fergie were shocking today!

Oh yeah thats right, its a competition between miller and boyd who does better :rolleyes:

Miller at least got a SNIFF!!!

And who send mendes and fergue had stormers?? I said fergue was shite!!! Mendes just has a class that needs a hemdani/thomson type player!!!

Boyd wasnt the biggest offender. He needs service. How many chances did we really create today ? ONE. Sure Boyd missed it but it was a decent save from Boruc.

BF and Mendes had ZERO creativity between them. Davis didnt get past the defender and Adam was a waste.

I am still trying to work out why the hell WS brought on Lafferty at LM when he has proven time and time again that he cant cut it at that position.

Celtic were pish too - neither team is decent and neither team did enough to win the game.

Agree entirely there Craig......

He ISNT a scapegoat - Whittaker, Broadfoot, Adam are worse than Boyd - CANT you register this from previous posts????

Yes he needs to do it in better teams - Celtic and Europe!!!!! How can anyone say doing it against Motherwell is doing it better then St Mirren??

When is Cammy, Gav, Gisabeer, Frankie, Juff or any other normallity poster going to come on and agree!!! Ive got all the Pro Boyd boys on!!!!

Just because you mention Whittaker, Broadfoot et al in the same sentence doesnt deflect from the fact you ARE making Boyd a scapegoat. He is ONE of a number in your eyes.

How many games has he had in Europe to prove it Gribz ? Never played in Europe this year and didnt get many games last year either...... and he hadnt played in the last 5 Celtic games either. So just how does a player prove themselves if not given game time (funny that..... reminds me of a certain SEBO that you wanted to get game time to give him a chance - surely Boyd also deserves game time against these teams to prove himself ?). One game doesnt mean he cant do it.

I am not pro-Boyd but certainly not anti-Boyd either. Boyd probably was more effective than Miller today (which doesnt say much for either) yet Miller escapes your criticism because of his "100% effort". Makes little sense.

Anyway, this has deteriorated into yet another Boyd thread. There were far bigger culprits out there today. We dominated the 1st half but did NOTHING with it creatively - and most creativity comes from midfield - we have little of it in our midfield.

2nd half they probably edged it but only because we had to press for the game. They were every bit as poor as we were.

You can't just bring Hemdani in though as we can't accomodate him without dropping "someone" by the look of things.

I'm perplexed by Whittaker as he's shown some flashes of real skill with the ball at his feet, looking very naturally talented. But so far he's jut not been able to translate that in to a decent run of performances. Has he suffered from being played out of position, irregularly and then dropped?

Jon, is your desire to see just Boyd do well or Rangers?

Are you taking the piss or asking me seriously?

I want Rangers to do well first and foremost, always have and always will.

With the squad we have, Boyd is our most lethal attacking/goal threat.....despite the rubbish you are coming out with.