From Awesome to Terrible

Whats with the lying down comment first? And what was irrelevant?

The lying down comment was because you were so irate yesterday. Valid point IMO. WHat is valid about your "anorak" comment ? Nothing.

Let me see....Erm Yes Sebo was giving that role and suceeded! Yet you lot think he was headless chicken because he actually put challenges in towards the celtic defence! What did tow boy do yesterday apart from look well out of his depth??

So what ? So you are telling me Sebo had a role to play, as a striker, that included not being an attacking threat WHATSOEVER ? Makes little sense to me. How do you know that this was the role he was given ? You part of the team talk were you ? No. I cannot fathom ANY manager sending out a team and telling their striker to not be an attacking threat but to just noise up the opposing CB's (well.... maybe Jim Leishman...). Boyd at least got into the position to have an ATTEMPT at goal - something your poster boy didnt do in 90 mins.

I think he would have scored it! Nobody can be right here! I also think Sebo would have done better with the pass that fell to Tow Boy's feet in the box during the first half where he just look and couldnt make a reaction!

Correct, no-one can be right - but Sebo's "previous" would suggest that rather than scoring he probably would have put it in row z - he couldnt hit a coo in the arse with a banjo, and he proved it.

Yes against fuckin Hamilton etc!!!! Can you imagine Boyd scoring against Celtic or in the Champions League - which is where i expect Rangers stirkers to score - NO absolutely not! Boyd is his own scapegoat, he is an average run of the Mill SPL striker - proven! Not a striker worthy of a side to win the league nor in european competitions - until he gets records of FACTS than can debunk that theory then il say the same! Lets get real, he cant even do the basics! Yes he has had 5 good game recently and everyone has hard-ons about him - but look at where we are!!!

And yes he ISNT ISNT ISNT (FFS read previous posts) the worst scapegoat. How about actually quoting where i said Adam, Broadfoot, Whittker etc are worse!!!!

Funny. So now it is "fuckin Hamilton etc" - 4 or 5 weeks ago it was "the better teams" - as ascender pointed out to you yesterday, Boyd has scored against all of the top 6 with the exception of Celtic - but then he has only had one game against them this season. One game and you bring the knives out. Hardly fair, is it ? So you believe that we are "where we are" because of Kris Boyd ? No blame for McGregor ? None for BF, Mendes and everyone else that is under-performing ? It is a TEAM game and whether you like it or not Kris Boyd is one of the few who in the last couple of months has IMPROVED his game.

Doesn't make a difference if he ISNT ISNT ISNT the worst scapegoat, it doesnt escape the fact that you make him a scapegoat - and I dont think that it is too much of a reach to suggest you were almost waiting for it to happen.

Mendes has arguably the toughest role - playmaker and ball winner! He is playing with poorer players than he is used to! The guy has talent and ability - nobody can deny that!!! But he is a bit like Bergkamp than he reads the game far better than his fellow players and is suffering. He cant do it all himself. He is the best player to pull on a Gers shirt this season by a mile!!! If we had Hutton, Cuellar and Thomson in the same team as him we would be top of the league!

Oh so now Mendes has teh toughest role - so he gets some slack because of that. I didnt think that being a goalscorer was an easy task either, must be wrong though eh ? If Mendes was the great player you say he is (and he is a very good player) then he would dictate games a whole lot more than he does. He has been SHIT for months now with the odd decent game thrown in - yet he escapes criticism. He may be the best player talentwise in our team this season but our best performer he is not. Sure, scored a great goal against them and his 1st 3 or 4 games looked fantastic - but has done very little since IMO.

We dont have Cuellar or Hutton though and Thomson is injured - wishful thinking wont get us top of the league. This is the club we have become Gribz, a selling club. And that is why whether you like Boyd or not that the worries begin. Who would come in and score more goals than Boyd from the bargain basement ? WS has spent a boatload of money in the last 18 months and I cant see much more being available anytime soon. Do I think Boyd is a great striker ? Far from it, but he is the best we have in terms of goals and given we have a midfield that rarely pops up with goals then we will struggle without his goals.

Boyd got service!! I can recall a few times where he was given the ball and yet again did the usual - loose it!! And what about strikers working for there own service i.e. dropping deep, picking the ball up, laying off a pass!? What did tow Boy do??

And who is to say Novo/Prso wouldnt chip in with 25 goals if played in the midfield - again nobody can be right here coz its opinions. But id be putting my money on Prso doing a fuckin better job that Tow Boy anyway!!!

So you are saying that Boyd didn't drop deep or lay passes off ? I remember at least a couple of times when he did exactly that. Dont let that get in the way of your argument though.

But why would you play Prso in midfield ? Are you saying Boyd should be played in midfield ? I am confused at that statement. We NEED a goalscoring midfielder but dont have one (only Davis has popped up with goals).

I don't see anyone arguing with you that Prso would do a better job than Boyd, but Prso wasnt a prolific scorer either.

Mind reader??? Done scientific research??? :rolleyes: Ive been the first to say he has upped his game in recent 5 weeks or so but HAS to do it over a season - yet again ive been proved right as he was rank in an OF game!

I think that is a bit of a childish comment about mind-reading. Anyone reading this forum can see that you are very anti-Boyd. Your choice but that statement doesnt bring anything to the debate. So just how many times are you going to move the goalposts on what Boyd has to do ? He did it against Hamilton and it was "has to do it against the better teams". He then did it against said better teams and it changed to "has to do it over a season" - so how many times will you move the goalposts ?

He has played once against Celtic and you are proved right ? Not for me you havent Gribz - one game isnt enough to judge someone. Why not take the Celtic game along with the last 7 or 8 games where he has scored a shitload. That would give you enough games to judge someone - or at least the empirical evidence would be better than one single, solitary game. Sure he wasnt great yesterday but then who in our team was ?

The thing is, Im stating facts - Boyd isnt good enough to be in a league winning side, yet Jon would have him in a team ahead of the likes of Henry etc - thats been stating on here!!! Laughable!!!

I cant see Jon having said that he would have Boyd before Henry, that is ridiculous - if you did Jon, you are a fool :devil: Sure, Boyd hasnt been in a league winning side so yes you are stating facts. Bit here is another one for you - Boyd has been our top scorer every season since coming here. So..... he is at least doing HIS bit to help us secure a league win. He has scored a ton of goals for us, which he is paid to do. So is it just his fault, given all the goals he has scored, that we havent won the league ? Or are the management team, defence, midfield not also culpable ? Was it Boyd that gave away a 93rd minute goal to the Tims at Parkhead last season to hand them a win which galvanised them into going on a run to win the league ?

Craig, are you in the same mind set that you believe in these shite players? The evidence is infront of us - we wont / cant win titles with average players and we have them in abumdance! Boyd is 1 of them! - Fact!

No, I don't believe in these shite players Gribz. I could go through the whole team and pick it apart. I wouldn't have Broadfoot at CB, I wouldnt have Weir at CB, I wouldnt have Whittaker at RB (I would never have signed him as when I saw him at Hibs his positional sense for a full back was terrible), I wouldnt have Adam near the squad let alone team, I would either not have bought Davis or I would play him CM - another WS masterstroke in buying a CM and sticking him wide right out of position ! Boyd ? I would love a better class of striker than Boyd but the fact remains he is our only really potent goal threat.

Edited by craig

For me its fairly simple what our problems are, but my biggest issue is the fact many of these have gone unanswered for 5 years or so.

• Lack of creativity in the midfield
  • Lack of width
  • Lack of tactical awareness on the touchline
  • Lack of leadership on the park
  • Playing players out of position rather than giving younger/reserve players a chance
  • Seemingly untouchable players in the side who are immune to being dropped
  • A complete lack of a scouting network
  • What exactly does our youth setup do?
  • Blatant mis-spending of transfer funds on players we don't need while overlooking key areas which need strengthened

There is of course the other issue about the way our club is being run (in to the ground), but I don't see how the above aren't being dealt with as they're blindingly obvious.

But most of that list is much more important to me rather than slagging off individual players tbh.

It was you who posted that "Boyd was pish today and apart from winning a couple of headers, contributed nothing. His first "big" game and he he failed"

All I said was that Miller should not be removed from culpability along with most of the rest of the team, which seems reasonable enough.

And it was you who said

To lay the blame for yesterday at the feet of Kris Boyd is just nonsense, irrespective of what someone might think of Boyd's abilities.

It was that quote I was relpying to. I wouldn't disagree that Miller deserves criticism along with most of the team.

Boyd over Henry? Nope, sure I never said that, BUT then that wouldnt go to support the petty stuff in this thread would it ;) :cheers:

Fair point Jon. I think I will just bow out of this thread.

To be castigating Boyd when there are players and management team far more culpable is playing to an agenda IMO.

But I am not really into beating my head against a brickwall so wont "contribute" to this thread any further.