For me Boyd would be on a list of players who we must not sell. Not because they are irreplaceable (sp). But because for what they bring to the team at they price they cost (in transfer and wages) and what we could realistically re-coup foor them it would make bad sense for financial and footballing reasons.

The list would include:

Boyd

Mendes

Bougherra

Ferguson (we will not replace him with better and we will not get a decent fee for him)

Davis

Thomson (injured anyway)

The detriment to our title push without bringing in a replacement of equal/better ability for the same money or less, of letting these players go would be foolhardy.

S_A, it depends on the fees received. I'd agree that Boyd at �£3.75m (�£3m net) isn't a great deal from a footballing viewpoint.

However I'd let any of the players on your list go for �£5m+.

The detriment to our title push without bringing in a replacement of equal/better ability for the same money or less, of letting these players go would be foolhardy.

But surely, this is what we've been doing since AMc took over from DA? We've sold our best players and replaced them with players no where near the required quality.

In terms of players, we have been on a downward spiral since DA was 'moved upstairs'. Name one player in todays squad who would have gotten a game in DA's treble winning team (or AM's treble winning team)?

EDIT - addition - It is safe to say that all players now bought by Rangers are bought with a view to moving them on and moving them on quickly. This is what we have become, the footballing equivilent of an EBAY trader.

Cammy F

Edited by CammyF

But surely, this is what we've been doing since AMc took over from DA? We've sold our best players and replaced them with players no where near the required quality.

In terms of players, we have been on a downward spiral since DA was 'moved upstairs'. Name one player in todays squad who would have gotten a game in DA's treble winning team (or AM's treble winning team)?

Cammy F

Agreed,this has been happening for a long time

Your quite right Cammy.

BD I did stipulate one of the reasonsI wouldn't sell them is because of the likely fees involved, although perhaps what I had written did not come across as well. Yes for good money sell them, I don't believe we'll see bids of �£5mil or more for any of them, but would happily sell for 3/4mil.