Got you now Gavin.

When I said in "Boy'd mould" I meant a similar type player in that he doesnt do much outside the box but is predatory in the box. Before you castrate me for saying "predatory", I couldn't think of a better word - he is nowhere near as lethal as Boyd.

I guess I would have been better saying that he is a poor man's Kris Boyd. Sadly, it looks like we will be playing as the poor man soon.

Hey, as for Smith and his spending - what he SHOULD have done was simply not bought Lafferty then he wouldn't need the 3.5 mill for Boyd. Or maybe the club would still have sold. Who knows.

But in no way would I be happy to see Boyd go. I agree with you re the league and CL, and that is a short-term view from our chairman.

I actually agree with ascender - this stinks of a fire-sale out of necessity. Are we on the brink of being the new millennium Tims ? (i.e. them being that close to bankruptcy in the 90's and we are seeing ourselves turn full circle into the very same potential fate in 2009 ??)

Don't think it would have mattered craig whether we reached the cl or not i still think in this situation Mr murray would have ordered boyd to have been sold regardless. This is maybe his time to recoup all the money over the years (well the advocaat years) he spent. I also agree with u and ascender that we are becoming the the new tims, its now the biscuit tin mentallity for us and its sad. I wonder whether they will reduce the season ticket prices next season as were not going to be watching a high quality of football. I very much doubt somehow.

I know that Birmingham are in for Boydy, but it doesn't mean he's a cert to go there. The big man's a bit of a home boy, remember a while back when he moved to Glasgow and got homesick and moved back in with his mum in Tarbolten. He's now settled in Ayr, 2 kids, one no long started school...big upheavel to uproot all that and head south. Unless the money offered to him is crazy money I can't see him going. Me being positive I suppose lol.

On the other hand, I expect the likes of Mendes, Bougherra, Davis to be off.

At the end of the day leppard whether boyd wants to go or not in the end sadly its not his decesion i know alan hutton didnt want to go and i know that for a fact. exact same circumstances alan had just settled in a new home in hurlford just a had a new baby and another kid at 3, the last thing he wanted was to leave he was a right ayrshire boy the same as boyd and in the end his hand was pushed. he was offered an extra �£14,500 a week and he was still willing to stay at rangers but he went and was told whatever he was told by Murray and Bain.

I know that Birmingham are in for Boydy, but it doesn't mean he's a cert to go there. The big man's a bit of a home boy, remember a while back when he moved to Glasgow and got homesick and moved back in with his mum in Tarbolten. He's now settled in Ayr, 2 kids, one no long started school...big upheavel to uproot all that and head south. Unless the money offered to him is crazy money I can't see him going.

If Kris Boyd's got a final say in the matter, he'd have to be completely mad to move to Birmingham. It's got it's good points, nice areas etc like any City, but I worked & lived there for almost 2 yrs in Bearwood (which is one of Birmingham's nicer areas) & would have to say that Birmingham on the whole is an utter shithole compared to Glasgow. Just an observation. There's also areas in Birmingham where white men are not welcome, seriously. Some of the residents there even put up signs to say so! I'm not racist, so when I lived there, it was like, fair enough, I guess I won't go there then, although I did witness the areas by car. Obviously I don't know him personally, but I seriously doubt that Boyd would like living & working there after settling in. I don't know where they train, but Birmingham City stadium is in an area that I'd have to class as not very nice at all in comparison to Ibrox. In fact, Birmingham City Stadium is perched right between the main industrial side of the City center & no-white-man land. Not nice at all & I know that for certain since the place I worked was less than a 3 minute walk from City's stadium.

DON'T GO KRIS !!!

At the end of the day leppard whether boyd wants to go or not in the end sadly its not his decesion i know alan hutton didnt want to go and i know that for a fact. exact same circumstances alan had just settled in a new home in hurlford just a had a new baby and another kid at 3, the last thing he wanted was to leave he was a right ayrshire boy the same as boyd and in the end his hand was pushed. he was offered an extra �£14,500 a week and he was still willing to stay at rangers but he went and was told whatever he was told by Murray and Bain.

To be fair though, the Hutton offer/deal was one that would see any player having to leave unless they happened to be worth more than 9 million. Being offered 3.5-4 million for Boyd is a complete insult. He might have only cost us 400 grand, but he's proven through his goal scoring record, that he's worth a hell of a lot more than 3.5-4 million to a top Championship side. Selling Boyd for that sort of money would be a complete joke, whether we desperately need the cash or not.

Sorry i don't buy the" if Boyd leaves then Rangers will die a painful death." crap.

In season 1999-2000 we never had a prolific scorer but still scored 94 goals in the season. It is fantastic that Boyd scores 30-40 goals but if no one else scores then at the end of the season you only have that. 40 goals. That will never win the league.Wayne Rooney, is not a prolific scorer, Ronald de Boer was not a prolific scorer, Michael mols was not a prolific scorer but i would rather have those three players in the team, than Chris Boyd.

Yes but we cannot afford players like Mols anymore i hear you say but the fact is MM only ever played for teams like Utrecht and FC Twente he was released by Ajax as a youth.

I hope Boyd doesn't leave for the prices mentioned and he has improved his overall game but Chris Boyd is never going to be a top team player.

Sorry i don't buy the" if Boyd leaves then Rangers will die a painful death." crap.

In season 1999-2000 we never had a prolific scorer but still scored 94 goals in the season. It is fantastic that Boyd scores 30-40 goals but if no one else scores then at the end of the season you only have that. 40 goals. That will never win the league.Wayne Rooney, is not a prolific scorer, Ronald de Boer was not a prolific scorer, Michael mols was not a prolific scorer but i would rather have those three players in the team, than Chris Boyd.

Yes but we cannot afford players like Mols anymore i hear you say but the fact is MM only ever played for teams like Utrecht and FC Twente he was released by Ajax as a youth.

I hope Boyd doesn't leave for the prices mentioned and he has improved his overall game but Chris Boyd is never going to be a top team player.

But Pete, this is not merely about Kris Boyd and his goal-scoring exploits - it is the signals the club are giving.

They are basically prepared to sell any and all of our players (just a shame it is the better ones and not the deadwood dross we have) which suggests to me that our club is in very dire financial straits and that would mean that Rangers could "die a painful death".

We can discuss the merits of Boyd's ability or not - but this isn't really about Boyd, but about what is happening to our club.

To be fair though, the Hutton offer/deal was one that would see any player having to leave unless they happened to be worth more than 9 million. Being offered 3.5-4 million for Boyd is a complete insult. He might have only cost us 400 grand, but he's proven through his goal scoring record, that he's worth a hell of a lot more than 3.5-4 million to a top Championship side. Selling Boyd for that sort of money would be a complete joke, whether we desperately need the cash or not.

Totally agree with u shroomz. all i was pointing out was the power of the money men inside our club. if someone said a year before we would get 9mil for hutton lets be honest we would all having be laughing it off.

But Pete, this is not merely about Kris Boyd and his goal-scoring exploits - it is the signals the club are giving.

They are basically prepared to sell any and all of our players (just a shame it is the better ones and not the deadwood dross we have) which suggests to me that our club is in very dire financial straits and that would mean that Rangers could "die a painful death".

We can discuss the merits of Boyd's ability or not - but this isn't really about Boyd, but about what is happening to our club.

Every player in the world is for sale that has always been so and always will be so. Last year we were shouting about King carlos and he only cost us a few mill.

carlos left and Magic filled his boots perfectly with even offering a bit more going forward.Hutton left and whittaker came in :eek: sorry wrong example. That players leave is no great deal as all that we have are mediocre players. The trick is to have a manager who can get players for the same price who can do a better job. And that is the problem the manager of rangers hasn't a clue.

The thing is Pete, until his horrific injury Mols was pretty prolific for us. I know, as a whole, he wasn't prolific throughout the course of his career ( injury withstanding ) but who knows what he could have been like?

But I digress. As Craig says, this isn't about Kris Boyd, this is about Rangers basically being forced to sell their assets due to mismanagement. The assets being the players. Sad, but true.