Rangers have confirmed Birmingham have made an approach for star striker Kris Boyd.

Reports emanating on Tuesday suggested that Birmingham were lining up a move for the prolific 25-year-old as Alex McLeish looks to be reunited with Boyd.

McLeish is a big fan of Boyd having signed him during his time in charge of Rangers and also selected him for Scotland when he was national team boss.

Boyd was linked with a move to Cardiff last summer after struggling to hold down a regular place in Walter Smith's side last season.

However, Boyd has impressed this season and has scored 18 goals in the SPL this term after forming a productive partnership with Kenny Miller.

Rangers chairman David Murray has confirmed they have rejected Birmingham's opening bid for Boyd, but has hinted they would be prepared to do a deal if the offer is right.

"Birmingham have made an enquiry. We talked about money but we haven't agreed a fee and no business will be done today," said Murray.

"We rejected a bid of around �£3million but if they improve it, we'll allow them to speak to Kris Boyd."

Naismith is on his way back form injury so everything's fine. Here's an idea. Why don't we not sell Boyd and play him and Naismith? Two young Scottish players who have played well together at a previous club and who linked well when playing together for us.

Or...... why not sell Boyd AND Naismith and have a starting front 2 of Kenny Miller and Lee McCulloch.......

We have mentioned Lafferty (who doesnt excite me at all) and Naismith coming back (who I prefer on the left side) but I think that we will see more of Velicka, who seems to be in the Boyd mould.

For me the current situation is a product of the complete mis-management of funds by WS with the signings he made in August.

Words cant describe how i am feeling right now. this is a major major blow for us the 1 man that is keeping our title hopes alive with the goals he is scoring is now going to be sold for peanuts. where else on this planet are u going to find a player that can guarntee us 30 plus a season for 3 or 4 million. weve took a major step back in the past few or more seasons, bain and murray need to take a long hard look at themselves and see where they are taking this once great club because we are going to end up in the doldrums. IT IS A FUCKING DISGRACE AND DARK DARK TIMES FOR OUR ONCE PROUD CLUB!

Or...... why not sell Boyd AND Naismith and have a starting front 2 of Kenny Miller and Lee McCulloch.......

We have mentioned Lafferty (who doesnt excite me at all) and Naismith coming back (who I prefer on the left side) but I think that we will see more of Velicka, who seems to be in the Boyd mould.

For me the current situation is a product of the complete mis-management of funds by WS with the signings he made in August.

Ah, but Lafferty is one for the "future" according to Walter. Or is that not true anymore I wonder?

Is this really all about cash flow? If it was about the wage budget then getting rid of McCulloch, Dailly & JCD would surely make more of a saving than just Boyd. So it does make you wonder if we're really in the shit financially?

Walter has blatantly wasted money since returning on the wrong players. But why has SDM given him more money to spend if we didn't have it? Even after we went out of Europe he continued to throw good money after bad on players who should have been signed before the Kaunas fiasco.

How many bloody heartaches do we have to go through before we can hold our heads up again??

Boumsong (dont laugh), Hutton, Cueller, Ferguson, BOYD!!......

I realise that the following players will have been paid in instalments, but Velicka (1m), Edu (2.5M), Lafferty (3.5M), Miller (2M - overpriced IMO)

........�£7M anyway......for what???

1 striker - never played,

1 midfielder - never played,

1 Striker/winger, who fuckin knows, who isnt fit to play for rangers

If the case is the Bank are calling in money and we have to sell players because of this, i would suggest mis-management on a larger scale than even Advocaat...at least his team was attractive to watch.

So effectively we have railroaded ourselves into this situation due to WS's stupidity and arrogance - Cheers Watty, Rangers legend, thrugh and through

The Dhims will be pishing themselves at how easy they can walk the league again

with all due respect mate velicka 29 or 30 boyd hasnt even peaked yet as hw is only 24 or 25, naismith, lafferty or velicka are not proven goalscorers either.

If boyd goes then the league will be lost!!! i cant believe im typing this, our club will now be know as RANGERS FC= THE SELLING CLUB! this cant be allowed to happen selling and breaking up our team ffs what the hell is going on at our club.STAND UP SUPPORTERS AND LET YOUR VOICES BE HEARD!!!

Naismith is on his way back form injury so everything's fine. Here's an idea. Why don't we not sell Boyd and play him and Naismith? Two young Scottish players who have played well together at a previous club and who linked well when playing together for us.

Cz Miller and Lafferty will be our first choice strikeforce!!!

with all due respect mate velicka 29 or 30 boyd hasnt even peaked yet as hw is only 24 or 25, naismith, lafferty or velicka are not proven goalscorers either.

Not sure what you are getting at gavin.... my post was merely in terms of who would end up playing if Boyd leaves.

In no way was I comparing ANY of them to Boyd - just looking at the alternatives we have. I would much prefer Boyd to any of those players.