Angry fans should demand action.

Obviously with the problems regarding the forums being down, we've not really discussed the Boyd issue.

What is clear from it for me is not the individual player we're selling (although selling our best goalscorer is nonsensical half way through a season) but that once again we're paying for unacceptable strategic errors by the administration.

Now, the players are to blame for being so poor against Kaunas but the manager and chairman must take their fair share for spending the money wrongly before that game and then, crazily, spending another �£9million after we were knocked out.

As such, if SDM wants someone to blame for the current situation, then he need look no further than his own bathroom mirror.

The fact we've been guilty of similar mistakes in the not so distant past is unforgivable. As such, this constant and unsuccessful high-risk, short term strategy must surely at some point awaken the apathetic majority.

I'm all for workable protest action to help.

So am I but I believe many amongst us are still not convinced this is anything but an aberration and that Murray will wave his wand and everything will be wonderful again. I think it will need to get much worse before the majority see what's been going on - and it will - even then most of them will never actively protest, they will just find something else to fill their matchdays. Great club, shame about the support, many of whom are complicit in Murray's mess.

So am I but I believe many amongst us are still not convinced this is anything but an aberration and that Murray will wave his wand and everything will be wonderful again. I think it will need to get much worse before the majority see what's been going on - and it will - even then most of them will never actively protest, they will just find something else to fill their matchdays. Great club, shame about the support, many of whom are complicit in Murray's mess.

I don't disagree but it's impossible to quantify or generalise about the support unless the situation does get to a stage where bankruptcy or just a complete lack of success is more real.

The pre-Souness early 1980s do tell us that thousands of fans will just disappear but I'd like to think that the experiences of Celtic in the 90s and better methods of communication now may change that apathy to something more constructive.

Unfortunately, as it stands, that doesn't seem to be the case as many supporters either just won't believe the chairman is incompetent and, even if they do, they don't care enough to change it.

Even worse, there is no Fergus McCann on the horizon to focus our protest round. Finding a buyer is our biggest challenge. Couple that with apathy then we have a situation that doesn't bear thinking about.

I would amazed to think that the majority of fans still think that SDM will help us get back on top but I do know there is still a good percentage that do.

I agree even if they did think there is a big problem most would never actively protest as they don't care enough or would have something else better to do!

Why dont all the Rangers Fans , Organisations, Rangers Websites, Trusts every known organisation come together as 1 and organise a 1 off no show at a future home game and protest against the way our club is being run by David Murray and co

This would hurt him were he can only be hurt in the pocket , the team wouldnt benefit from the place being near empty but it would show that the fans mean business and arent prepared to take this any longer.

Its a long shot but it could be done :box:

Gersnet could put the foundations in place ?? and spread the word to others.

Its a long shot but it could be done :box:

Gersnet could put the foundations in place ?? and spread the word to others.

of course, if it were done and didn't turn out as expected - as it could do for a million reasons - it gives sdm all the justification he needs. no matter what the forum consensus is, DM is still the man in most rangers fans eyes.

i honestly dont think we have betters options anyway. all hte people who say its nonsense that no-one wants the club cant name anyone who does.

Any protest is going to work better if it has answers. There aren't any at the moment, with no alternatives to Murray at the table.

This will stop many of the people referred to earlier in this thread from getting involved.

That's not to say a protest isn't worthwhile, just that it won't get the support from the silent non-messageboard majority.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of bears still cannot see any wrong in what Murray has done.

Twice in a decade he has led us to the financial abyss where a full fire sale of players and talk of major downsizing is his only answer.

This one sentence should be enough for anyone with any sense to see that he is not all he thinks he is, and that is without going into all the things other than the finances that he has failed us on.

If all the websites, supporters groups etc got together as one and decided to hold a mass protest by not attending a home match, I reckon the attendance would be hit by about 6,000 max. Dont overestimate how many bears are on board and dont underestimate Murray's PR abilities when he is put under personal pressure and scrutiny.

I have been firmly against Murray for several years now, but I would never boycott a match as a token of my displeasure against him.

I dont have the answer, but the bear who comes up with the answer will be very popular indeed.

What BD said.

Protest (direct or indirect) is required but unfortunately with no answers, with no focal point and with no leadership then it is doomed to failure currently.

That is true but by putting the word out to others the word will spread and leaders will emerge as i am sure they feel the same as us , No doubt there is Murray lovers but surely even they cant be liking the way things are going just now.

Its probably a pipe dream but we cant sit back and do nothing.

That is true but by putting the word out to others the word will spread and leaders will emerge as i am sure they feel the same as us , No doubt there is Murray lovers but surely even they cant be liking the way things are going just now.

Its probably a pipe dream but we cant sit back and do nothing.

There will be no unity and no distinct leadership amongst the wider support. Of that I am sure.

This should have been the natural role of the RST but that sad organisation remains mired in the personal politicking that has prevented any semblance of unity for many years now. Rangers supporters have more organisations than they need and certainly than is good for them. And none of them are doing a damned thing about any of the problems that beset us.

I also believe that the Murray lovers, of which there are still many, are a long way yet from abandoning their perverse loyalty to the Big Faker. It is bad now but I believe it will be worse yet before many care to place blame where it deserves to be.

And there is simply no way that ordinary fans can start bandying about names of possible successors to Murray. Only a possible successor to Murray can do that and then only if he/she thinks that publicising any interest will contribute to concluding a successful deal. The decision to sell and to whom is in Murray's hands alone. All we as fans can ever hope to do is put pressure on Murray to believe it is not in his personal interest to remain associated with Rangers. We can decide who to reject but we cannot select a successor - or even guarantee that successor will be any better than Murray. Sad but there you have it.