Oh Boogie - You're a football player

I appreciate concerns over political statements but who decides when a black armband ceases to become a mark of respect and turns into a political statement? He mentions the fact that he is Muslim. Does that make it a religious statement? If so, how does that differ from someone wearing, e.g. a crucifix pendant?

Good point and all the players worldwide who do cross themselves before entering the pitch.

Let me put it this way.

Will Bougherra be wearing his armband when he arrives at and leaves the stadium? Was he wearing it yesterday? Will he be wearing it tomorrow? If not then he is using his place in the Rangers team to endorse his personal politics and that is simply wrong.

Is the TV camera's in his house and car? - no! On the pitch it is a good option for him to make his point/protest/respect known infront of 50,000 at the game and many on TV.

Is the TV camera's in his house and car? - no! On the pitch it is a good option for him to make his point/protest/respect known infront of 50,000 at the game and many on TV.

Exactly. Why is he exploiting his position with Rangers to promote his politics? Should every player be inspired to do the same? Support the Palestinians this week, Israelis next week. Maybe line up some support for the SNP or the Tamil Tigers?

If he's so motivated about Gaza, will he be on the street corner downtown waving his placard? Or will he do fark all except use Rangers to extend his own profile? A bit like Murray really.

Bougherra will be nowhere to be seen in six months time and won't even remember Ibrox. I think it might be more appropriate in the meantime if he stuck to playing football and left his personal life in the dressing room.

I can just see Alex Ferguson allowing one of his payers to do this. Not.

Thinking some more about this, it smack a bit of Boumsong and his shite about being racially abused before filling his pockets on the way out the door. Bougherra working his ticket perhaps - Rangers stifled my politics? Hmmmm.

And i thought I was the only conspiracy theorist around here!

But thats a bit of an insult to the masses of innocent people killed that Bougherra is paying his respect to.

And i thought I was the only conspiracy theorist around here!

But thats a bit of an insult to the masses of innocent people killed that Bougherra is paying his respect to.

I'm insulting no one, simply very much against Bougherra doing this in a Rangers shirt. He can pay his respects any other time he likes - 24 hours a day if it suits him. He can do it in private or in public, quietly or shouting it from the rooftops.

I will also say however, that I'm personally against any form of support for terrorists and whether he intends it or not, any support for innocent Palestinian civilians in a Rangers shirt will be exploited as support for Palestinian terrorists by certain people to bolster their agenda. To think otherwise would be naive.

I'm insulting no one, simply very much against Bougherra doing this in a Rangers shirt. He can pay his respects any other time he likes - 24 hours a day if it suits him. He can do it in private or in public, quietly or shouting it from the rooftops.

I will also say however, that I'm personally against any form of support for terrorists and whether he intends it or not, any support for innocent Palestinian civilians in a Rangers shirt will be exploited as support for Palestinian terrorists by certain people to bolster their agenda. To think otherwise would be naive.

Is today at Ibrox not public?

Im sorry but how can it possibly be support for Palestinian Terrorists when he is paying respect to the dead and saying he is anti-war?

Your sounding Celtic minded here in the way they applaused the war memorial day - just let the guy pay his respects without making such assumptions.

Is today at Ibrox not public?

Im sorry but how can it possibly be support for Palestinian Terrorists when he is paying respect to the dead and saying he is anti-war?

Your sounding Celtic minded here in the way they applaused the war memorial day - just let the guy pay his respects without making such assumptions.

I realise you're struggling with this and being deliberately obtuse but the point is not whether he expresses his support in public, it's that he shouldn't do it while performing his work for Rangers.

Secondly, at no point did I say that he was supporting Pelestinian terrorists.

As for the stupidity of your celtic minded remark, it fits you like a glove. If that's the best you can do to express your views then you need to get a grip on your frustrations.:wanker:

I realise you're struggling with this and being deliberately obtuse but the point is not whether he expresses his support in public, it's that he shouldn't do it while performing his work for Rangers.

Secondly, at no point did I say that he was supporting Pelestinian terrorists.

As for the stupidity of your celtic minded remark, it fits you like a glove. If that's the best you can do to express your views then you need to get a grip on your frustrations.:wanker:

Once again you prove you have the debating abilities of a mushroom. Isnt his Rangers duties mon-fri also during training? Just because he is doing it during match you cant seem to grasp this is his only chance of a public showing, or would you rather he skipped his training/match to do it standing on top of a statue somewhere.

You mentioned the possibility that this could be exploited up on as supporting palestinian terrorists - read your post! - That is mhedia and celtic minded!

any support for innocent Palestinian civilians in a Rangers shirt will be exploited as support for Palestinian terrorists by certain people to bolster their agenda

Get a grip of yourself man, he is simply making a gesture that he is against a war with the killing of innocent people. Are you mad or something? how can you see the harm in it??

Edited by Gribz

Once again you prove you have the debating abilities of a mushroom. Isnt his Rangers duties mon-fri also during training? Just because he is doing it during match you cant seem to grasp this is his only chance of a public showing, or would you rather he skipped his training/match to do it standing on top of a statue somewhere.

You mentioned the possibility that this could be exploited up on as supporting palestinian terrorists - read your post! - That is mhedia and celtic minded!

Get a grip of yourself man, he is simply making a gesture that he is against a war with the killing of innocent people. Are you mad or something? how can you see the harm in it??

That's right, I said that it could be interpreted by certain people. I can tell you that it already has been elsewhere, so I wasn't wrong. What I didn't do was say that I believed that.

A mushroom? Mad? That'll be your debating skills showing? You continue to entertain but I think I'll just move on.