Oh Boogie - You're a football player

That's right, I said that it could be interpreted by certain people. I can tell you that it already has been elsewhere, so I wasn't wrong. What I didn't do was say that I believed that.

A mushroom? Mad? That'll be your debating skills showing? You continue to entertain but I think I'll just move on.

And where has it been interpreted then? That will be the paranoia of however thinks it. I'll wait to hear who has interpreted this first before continuing but Im moving on anywhere.

It would be funny if it wasn't absurd. Rangers fans cannot express themselves at Ibrox about the affairs of their own club these days without having banners confiscated or season tickets removed - but here we have Rangers fans supporting the freedom of players to protest about something that has nothing to do with Rangers or football.

It would be funny if it wasn't absurd. Rangers fans cannot express themselves at Ibrox about the affairs of their own club these days without having banners confiscated or season tickets removed - but here we have Rangers fans supporting the freedom of players to protest about something that has nothing to do with Rangers or football.

You havent told me where/who has interpreted it?

And tell me how a black armband changes or effects Bougherra's play?

Players wear armbands all the time for people who die and they have nothing to do with Rangers either - should we not have wore armbands when the Queen mother died because I cant remember when she played for Rangers!

Respect for the dead does not equate to supporting terrorism. Anyone who thinks it does is mentally challenged and should be treated accordingly. I'd put them in the same dookit as 'black and red sox = sectarian' bampots.

I couldn't actually tell whether he wore the armband or not today - I sit to far up in the club deck - but he had a decent game regardless.

The way I see it if *any* player, from *any* club decides to wear a black armband to show respect for *any* people who have passed away they should be allowed to do so.

I admire him on his stance.

How can you admire a guy who ONLY cares about the welfare of people who are the SAME religion as him? I'm pretty disgusted as that's the kind of thinking that causes such bloodshed in the first place.

I only admire people who care about the lives of everyone, no matter their religion colour or nationality.

What difference is it whether he wears it on the pitch or when he's in the house? I bet more than half of the fans at Ibrox today didn't have a clue why he was wearing it.

I fully agree with Maineflyer on this one.

How can you admire a guy who ONLY cares about the welfare of people who are the SAME religion as him? I'm pretty disgusted as that's the kind of thinking that causes such bloodshed in the first place.

I only admire people who care about the lives of everyone, no matter their religion colour or nationality.

Whilst I agree with and share your stance I'm not so sure you can say for certain that he only cares about his own religion.

Unless you have spoken to him directly I think you may be doing him a disservice. I can only assume you're basing this sweeping statement upon his comments regarding the Gaza situation, where it is overwhelmingly ( ~ 99%) muslims who are being killed. In such context his comments are unsurprising for someone of the same religion. It doesn't necessarily follow that he wouldn't care about other people. He may well not care about other people but I think it's unfair to assume that from these comments alone.

I think its great to see a footballer standing up for what he believes in and commenting in a mature way about a serious issue like this. Certainly make a change from hearing them moaning about only being offered 20 grand a week to live on.

As for the SFA, he's only voicing his right to free speech and is in no way bringing the game into disrepute or anything.

Sorry but there is no place in football for poitical guestures. you let one do it and before you know it everyone wants a go.

and its against uefa rules anyway.