Oh Boogie - You're a football player

I fully admit to not knowing enough (anything :o) of the situation, but to side with the Palestinians merely because they have less artillery seems like bs to me.

I'm not taking sides at all S_A, just really saddened by needless death & destruction. The news networks were reporting today that at least 4000 homes in Gaza had been flattened & 10's of thousands of people had been made homeless. It's all very sad indeed for both sides, since you can be sure that Israeli people don't feel any safer than they did before Xmas. :(

Muslims will never be happy.

Wija how on earth can you come out with such trash like that? Do you know all muslims??

I work with muslims and some friends here are also. Those i know dont even consider crime, corruption, lies, fighting, war.........those i work with couldnt be a happier bunch of people despite being on peanuts for a wage.

It seems that some of them from certain countries in the middle east who move to the UK to escape poverty may take a bit of advantage of the ease of the British lifestyle but to say tarnish all muslims with the same brush is wrong.

As for religions anyway, its another topic but i find it all mind control and wrong to be a religion unless that person chooses what they believe in rather than it being handed to them at birth. Religion is a major cause of conflict.

Wija how on earth can you come out with such trash like that? Do you know all muslims??

I work with muslims and some friends here are also. Those i know dont even consider crime, corruption, lies, fighting, war.........those i work with couldnt be a happier bunch of people despite being on peanuts for a wage.

It seems that some of them from certain countries in the middle east who move to the UK to escape poverty may take a bit of advantage of the ease of the British lifestyle but to say tarnish all muslims with the same brush is wrong.

As for religions anyway, its another topic but i find it all mind control and wrong to be a religion unless that person chooses what they believe in rather than it being handed to them at birth. Religion is a major cause of conflict.

If all Muslims follow Islam to the letter then they will never be happy until everyone is a follower of Islam. It is a factual statement.

It is also true of most religions.

At the end of the day you see my statement as an agressive one, and that is fair enough. But it is my point of view.

Yes I know Muslims and there utter failing is that no matter what country they are born too, they will only care for the welfare of Muslims worldwide. That is there belief, that is there edict and that is fact.

never a truer word said mate. They say that the love of money is the root of all evil but religion is right up there too.

If all Muslims follow Islam to the letter then they will never be happy until everyone is a follower of Islam. It is a factual statement.

It is also true of most religions.

At the end of the day you see my statement as an agressive one, and that is fair enough. But it is my point of view.

Yes I know Muslims and there utter failing is that no matter what country they are born too, they will only care for the welfare of Muslims worldwide. That is there belief, that is there edict and that is fact.

But the point is masses of muslims dont follow Islam to the letter in the same way as Christians dont follow it to the letter. I see where you are coming from with dedicted muslims - but IMO they are utter brainwashed more than really stating what the believe. If a certain 'rule' of their religion was to fly a kite everyday they would go out and do so because they have been told to.

Ive never been christened and im delighted i havent. I look at religions and i agree with a few points from each one and disagree with loads from each also, so how people can simply agree with just 1 religion is either a huge coincidence or brainwashing

And Hamas argue that the rockets were retaliation for Israel breaking the ceasefire in November and killing *their* people.

And Israel would argue that the attacks in November were retaliation, blah, blah, he started it, naw he did, etc, etc, ad nauseum.

The bottom line is well over a thousand people have been killed, regardless of who started it. In my opinion that gives a valid reason for anyone who cares to wear a black armband.

I've nothing against the armband per se, it's the fact that the band is only for the dead of one religion, and only because that person has the same religion. What you've just described, seems to me to be exactly as a result of that. Muslims kill Jews, or vice versa and that leads to Jews killing Muslims or vice versa.

I'd argue that the hundreds of dead children most certainly *were* innocent.

And the Israeli's killed in the rocket attacks aren't? War is pretty complex and it could be argued Hamas have a big hand in the blame for the deaths of those children.

But I still think you're completely missing the point. I'm not saying the deaths are not a travesty, I'm just not impressed by people mourning deaths just because they are the same religion while not giving a shit about the deaths of other religions...

If we had the same attitude, none of us would care about the deaths of these Palestinian Muslims. Unless you yourself are a Muslim, I think your missing that irony of your own argument.

I'm sure they definitely were. I've got tell you though... that's not the 'word' in Israel. I know 2 guys in Israel, one lives in Tel Aviv & the other in Jaffa. One of them told me a few days ago when we were talking about all this, that he & others had been hearing that Hamas were throwing children in front of them to use as 'sand bags'. When I told him I didn't believe it possible unless it was dead bodies he quickly came back saying ... 'Oh, I guess it was just a metaphor'. That's what you're dealing with over there - News spins, stories, rumors & a word on the street that's completely awash with utter bullshit - ON BOTH SIDES.

So what's the attitude in Palestine about the dead Israelis?

Bougherra and many Muslims do not not seem to care about dead Jews so are the Israelis any different if they don't care about dead Muslims?

Both are wrong in my opinion.

I just can't see how the deaths of only one side count and how the atrocities by only one side counts.

But the point is masses of muslims dont follow Islam to the letter in the same way as Christians dont follow it to the letter. I see where you are coming from with dedicted muslims - but IMO they are utter brainwashed more than really stating what the believe. If a certain 'rule' of their religion was to fly a kite everyday they would go out and do so because they have been told to.

Ive never been christened and im delighted i havent. I look at religions and i agree with a few points from each one and disagree with loads from each also, so how people can simply agree with just 1 religion is either a huge coincidence or brainwashing

In the eyes of a dedicated Muslim, if you stray you are not a Muslim.

Apart from that I see so many twists and lies within all religions that any truth that can be found is negated.

Every religion believes they are superior to all others, and they believe they are the truth. I mean look at the R.C's. They believe a man born of this world can forgive murder, rape etc because he is put into the position of the next in line to St Peter? How can that be if he is a mere man?

Agian as has been said, a religion topic is for another debate...

I agree he can wear the black armband. It is his right according to the laws of this land. I see nothing wrong with that.

And the Israeli's killed in the rocket attacks aren't?

I never said nor did I mean to imply that. It was a response to 'Palestinians aren't innocent'. The dead Israeli civilians, whilst innocent are not Palestinians so why would I mention them in response to the above?

War is pretty complex and it could be argued Hamas have a big hand in the blame for the deaths of those children.

Just like it can be argued that Israel had a big hand in the blame for the deaths of those Israelis. Completely irrelevant to the point of them being innocent.

But I still think you're completely missing the point. I'm not saying the deaths are not a travesty, I'm just not impressed by people mourning deaths just because they are the same religion while not giving a shit about the deaths of other religions...

I don't miss the point I just don't agree with you.

As far as I' concerned you have jumped to an unnecessary conclusion.

Nowhere (unless I've missed it and you can provide a link) has Boogie said he doesn't care about anyone except Muslims.

The fact that he feels an affinity with those of the same religion as him is entirely to be expected - see any religious conflict throughout history for evidence of this. It does not follow that he has no concern for anyone else.

If we had the same attitude, none of us would care about the deaths of these Palestinian Muslims. Unless you yourself are a Muslim, I think your missing that irony of your own argument.

Irony indeed.