Well, now Walter and Ally can't say the fans didn't tell them so, but... We told you so.

Yes, it was well over the time to get young Flecky back into the first team. For MONTHS there has been a gaping gap in the left midfield role that was filled expertly by the youngster today.

So, is this another tactical error by the Rangers management not to include him earlier?

Smith can no longer say it's 'too early 'to play Fleck or they are 'biding their time'. Arsenal have showed time and time again with their young players that at 16 years old, if your good enough your in there. And we have all known Fleck has been good enough.

The fans have been crying out for some young talent and a product of Murray park. There have been some, but none ever touted to go so far as wee Fleck.

Ally McCoist was quoted before the game saying that Fleck "may not have been picked because of they(the fans telling the management to play Fleck) reasons", but more because he has merited it by good play in the last few reserve games.

Your not that naive Ally. Give the fans some credit. We watch the same games as you and Fleck's display in last years youth cup final against Celtic was all the evidence we needed to get the boy into the first team squad and give the lad a deserved chance.

So, now he's in it, keep him there. Because he now needs LOTS of first team experience to help nurture him into the excellent player he is destined to be.

Edited by John Barr

JOHN FLECK was in dreamland tonight after helping Rangers beat Falkirk in what was his first start for Walter Smith's top team.

The 17-year-old was named man-of-the match after a terrific display and now hopes he can become a permanent feature in the manager's plans.

He said: "It was great to get a game against Falkirk and all the boys helped me through it

"I only found out that I was playing when the gaffer read the team earlier today although a few people had said that I would start.

"I wasn't expecting it but was really chuffed.

"There was definitely a few nerves before kick-off but I thought I did well in the early stages and then fell out of the game a wee bit midway through the first-half.

"In the second I got back into it and I'm just glad we got the win.

"To be named man of the match was pretty special and hopefully I have done enough to stay in the team."

All looks well..

Whittaker or Broadfoot will play left back.

Fleck did well but I actually thought the manager spoke quite candidly about why Fleck hasn't featured more before now.

No excuse not to keep him in the team from now on though.

:)

As John Barr said, Fleck is a Murray Park product - and there are others: Wylde, 17 year old left back is another highly touted; so too Jamie Ness, a midfielder on the bench recently; Danny Wilson a centre back... Now, I don't expect all of them in at the same time, but surely we can start blooding some bit by bit and increase the experience of such as Naismith. This way we can phase out the Fergies and the Daillys and Weirs, save on our wage bill - and just maybe build a half-decent squad without having to spend on the Laffertys of this world.

Fleck is a breath of fresh air and has to remain in the team if he is playing like that.

If we can get Aaron in also to do the same on the other wing then we will create a lot of problems and our balance will be much better.

Fleck is a breath of fresh air and has to remain in the team if he is playing like that.

If we can get Aaron in also to do the same on the other wing then we will create a lot of problems and our balance will be much better.

Anyone know what the cost would be to buy Aaron?

Maybe we should throw a mil of the player we sell(boyd?) at Valencia for him.

As John Barr said, Fleck is a Murray Park product - and there are others: Wylde, 17 year old left back is another highly touted; so too Jamie Ness, a midfielder on the bench recently; Danny Wilson a centre back... Now, I don't expect all of them in at the same time, but surely we can start blooding some bit by bit and increase the experience of such as Naismith. This way we can phase out the Fergies and the Daillys and Weirs, save on our wage bill - and just maybe build a half-decent squad without having to spend on the Laffertys of this world.

I agree entirely mate, well said.

Fleck was fantastic. When was the last time a Rangers LM got man of the match? In a sane world he would have made the position his own with a performance like that, even if he is (surprise) naturally a striker. My worry is that with the tough games coming up WS will shite it and play Big Lee!:(