Stevie Smith to St Mirren On Loan.

Guest Dw3132

Evening Times reporting Rangers/St Mirren trying to come to a deal to loan Smith for the remainder of the season....obviously allowing for us paying a portion of Smith's wage.

If it means he comes back to us even close to the form he is capable of then great. WOuld much rather that than selling the lad

Do you think he'll ever reach that level again though ? Certainly seems to be struggling to re-capture that same level of performance.

Granted it must be hard after early 2 years out......christ when he 1st got hurt he was meant to be out for 6 weeks. I suppose this spell will tell us either way what his future holds perhaps ?

Can only hope so.

Different injury but Hutton went from strength to strength after his injury.

As I said, can only hope he can get close to that form in the future. At least we'll be able to see the progress, hopefully on a weekly basis.

I don't understand the SS situation. I suppose the only way for anybody to judge his fitness is for him to be out there and playing, so this should clarify things if he gets a regular game (or not).

Hope he does well and comes back to Rangers the player he once looked like he was.

Has he actually fully recovered from his injury or is there a high chance of it reoccuring?

Dell from what I gather he's recovered....just more about finding his match sharpness/fitness after 2 years out.

Whether he's ever the same player again only time will tell....he's now had 2 near career ending injuries in and around the same area of the body...which have nearly finished him each time so you would suspect his body wont be able to take much more treatment like that even with the best of medical attention.

I've only caught him in the 2nd string a couple of times and neither time did he impress much....looked a bit sluggish/stand off(ish) if you see where I'm coming from.

I think for all parties this is the best thing that could happen to see if he can reach the required levels again whilst playing SPL every week.

Great move for Smith if it happens.

He's had a terrible time with injury after injury. Playing first team fotball will be the best thing for the guy.

Hopefully he can come back at the end of the season resembling the player we had a couple of seasons ago. Someone to challenge Papac for the left back position.