I just cant agree Pete and probably unlikely to until Boyd shows a severe lack/dip in form. He's our best goal threat regardless of his shortcomings (which he has worked on and improved).

With Novo out, I'd rather Lafferty (maybe to early) or Naismith. Him and Boyd had a great partnership at Killie iirc

I knew you wouldn't.:) But Boyd has proven time and again he can't cut it against celtic. I am sure Hartely will sit in in front of the defence so give him a young fresh pair of legs to chase around. That will mean he is busier chasing Fleck than covering the defence, which will in turn let Novo or Miller split caldwell and McManus with runs into the channels. Just the way i see it. Punting high balls to Boyd is not the way to go imo.

Personally i would prefer two smaller fast players up front as i think caldwell and McAnus love to see Boyd in the starting line up. I would go 4-5-1\4-3-3

Playing:

Davis------Mendes-------Fergie-------Neighsmith

---------------------Fleck---------------

----------------Novo(1)\Miller(2) Lafferty(3)Boyd(4)

We need speed up front not Height imo.

If Novo isn't a starter I'd go with Boyd & Naismith or Boyd & Lafferty, but definitely Boyd before Lafferty in the 4-4-2 if it came down to a choice because Boyd has better pace & goal scoring awareness than Lafferty over a short distance in the box imo.

But Novo is supposed to be out for up to 3 weeks.......

I want Boyd there of course, but not punting high balls up to him. This is where we really need our midfield to take charge and perform and pass the ball about and create chances for the striker/strikers.

Boyd will get goals. Simple. I don't go along with the theory that he cant score against he 'bigger' teams.

Lafferty, I do believe, if played up front can perform and get goals but is wasted on the left and we have Fleck there now.

Naismith I feel may be the unlucky one as I cant see him playing up front or starting on the right ahead of Davis.

If someone just doesn't like Boyd I guess that isn't gonna change. But to say Miller has been anything other than crap for nigh on 2 months is ridiculous.

We should go 4-4-2 and we should plkay Boyd as the form striker. One bad game against United is enough to see him dropped?

And an average half game (at best) from Miller after 2 months of shite is enough to see him become first choice again after a wee spell on the bench??

4-4-2 Boyd and Lafferty if Novo is definitely out.

i am not saying that because i don't like boyd, I am saying that because i think we need speedy forwards against the Celtic defence. Boyd would play in most other SPL games for me. I just feel we need players who can run the channels against celtic and not a boyd type player.