No doubt about it mate.

But the fact remains the lyrics above are inoffensive and no-one in their right mind would complain. Unless, of course, some people - however small - didn't utilise the 'new' words.

That's the challenge and it's much more difficult than some will admit.

Without the help of the club you may be right.

Actually there is an opportunity here for the right person to again show leadership. Murray could remove some criticism by leading the way and promoting a new version. The fan groups could do the same.

Unfortunately, I doubt any of them will want to risk it because of the very people desperate to punish us for the slightest thing.

Without the help of the club you may be right.

Actually there is an opportunity here for the right person to again show leadership. Murray could remove some criticism by leading the way and promoting a new version. The fan groups could do the same.

Unfortunately, I doubt any of them will want to risk it because of the very people desperate to punish us for the slightest thing.

And the fact that there will be 'fans' who'll refuse to sing a 'new version' (although MF's lyrics are the original version) and would use the 'billy boys' banned version.

Cammy F

And the fact that there will be 'fans' who'll refuse to sing a 'new version' (although MF's lyrics are the original version) and would use the 'billy boys' banned version.

Cammy F

That's the challenge we're talking about mate... :whistle:

The thing is, it's not the club that we need to vent any anger at over this and it's not the club that can bring us out of this situation. Yes, the club could have done better by us & yes, the club may be able to help when it comes to getting us out of this anti-RFC agenda, but ultimately we need to somehow influence the media, which will in turn influence the religious & political agendas against RFC.

Cammy F

I understand exactly where you're coming from but how many of the same people sing TBB today? How many of them sing add ons to Derry's Walls?

As Frankie rightly says, as long as the Feenyan word is left behind (and I think we could all live with that), there is no point agonising over any UEFA reaction - because there simply isn't going to be one. That much has surely become obvious.

I think there is an excellent opportunity here to revive TBB and I think any supporter who "strays" will have the weight of the rest of the support to deal with, never mind police or stewards. Recent Edu Edu Edu chants have provided whatever proof was needed that the so-called banning of the tune was disingenious nonsense - lies. Beyond that, there is only one word that need be addressed. We all know this - supporters of almost every other club use the rest of TBB repertoire without let or hinderance.

I have looked at this for a long time now and I have no doubts left that we have been well and truly stitched up where TBB is concerned. It's becoming clear that the club has been involved in some staggering deceptions and used these directly to manipulate supporter behaviour.

There are others amongst the fanbase who are starting to campaign for the return of this song and consequently to address the con job perpetrated by our enemies with the compliance of the muppets running the club - AND with the conivance of certain prominent Rangers "supporters.

The most common proposal that I have seen and probably the most sensible overall is as follows...

Hello Hello, we are the Billy Boys

Hello Hello, you'll know us by our noise

We're up to the knees in Celtic blood

Surrender and you'll die

For we are the Rangers Billy Boys

It's very difficult to get the balance right. So much of this song is iconic and to change or remove certain phrases would dislocate it from its heritage. For this reason, lines 1,2 and 4 simply cannot be changed. Line 3 is what all other clubs use and is probably as fundamental as anything else.

I believe TBB is on the way back at last. Perhaps someone here has the definitive words in their head?

I've no problem with the symbolism in lines 3 and 4 but you can be sure others would which could cause immediate problems with any new version.

As such, the chances of success for any new campaign may be better with a replacement for line 3. I'm unsure how popular the song would then be and also reluctant to give further ground to people who'll complain no matter the words.

I'll leave the alternatives to the composers amongst us.

I've no problem with the symbolism in lines 3 and 4 but you can be sure others would which could cause immediate problems with any new version.

As such, the chances of success for any new campaign may be better with a replacement for line 3. I'm unsure how popular the song would then be and also reluctant to give further ground to people who'll complain no matter the words.

I'll leave the alternatives to the composers amongst us.

FFS Frankie, stop this.

This isn't a competition for composers. It's not about how to change the song beyond recognition and achieve nothing at all. It's about putting our balls back between our legs (ladies excepted) and climbing over the barricade of bullshit that has been built around us in so many ways these last few years. If we are going to suck in air and shake our heads every time someone starts to challenge these lies, how are we ever going to reverse the tide. Stop being so afraid - and stop taking refuge in endless analysis.

It is interesting as TBO have, this season, already sang the first part of your proposed lyrics (we are the people who sing of victory) and have ended it with Edu, Edu..... No one batted an eyelid.

As Frankie says, rightly or wrongly, singing that we are up to our knees in anyones blood leaves us open to be lambasted by those who strive to demonise us.

I do agree that the issue of the tune, along with revised lyrics needs clarified once and for all. The club need to clarify this.

Cammy F