If its to be about RFC then i dont see whats wrong with the version that the club used to put out:

Hullo Hullo We are the Rangers Boys

Hullo Hullo you'll know us by our noise

We'll give anything to see our team

at Ibrox or away

Coz we are the super rangers boys

Getting everyone to sing that would be pretty tough and id rather id be something nearer what we sang anyway wih the removal of feenyan blood

That is overtly sexist - what about the fair ladies that follow the Rangers :)

Cammy F

That is overtly sexist - what about the fair ladies that follow the Rangers :)

Cammy F

Your right! Apologies to all Female Bears! I dont want Strathclydes finest to be waiting for me upon my next entry to the UK :)

So, what is your point here? Never do anything in case someone somewhere doesn't like it? Should we just come out and ask our enemies what part of our heritage they are prepared to allow us to keep?

You've made your position clear on this several times already, having obviously bought into the whole fear thing hook, line and sinker. Why are you so afraid of a campaign against us - don't you realise there has been and continues to be a highly-active campaign against all things Rangers for many years.

Just for once, shouldn't it be about what WE wish to campaign for? Or have you also bought into the perpetual victimhood syndrome?

I agree with Shroomz on this one.

I think there's a big difference between standing up for our rights and playing right into the hands of those who discriminate against us. Personally, I think that's exactly what we would be doing if we brought back TBB.

Sure, we've been testing the water in recent months with 'variations' and got away with it, but as soon as it becomes undeniable that we're singing TBB, the club will be in serious trouble. It doesn't matter what lyrics we're singing as the 'evidence' could just as easily be fabricated and stuck on youtube once they can point the finger at a majority of the support.

I'm all for fighting back, but I just don't think we need to give them a stick to beat us with in the process.

Here's an idea though. Once you've decided on which version you want to run with, instead of singing it at Ibrox, you could always go and sing it outside the BBC. That's sure to go down a treat. You could maybe even squeeze in a visit to the Times offices to give Speirs a quick rendition. Let us know how you get on :thup:

I certainly don't want to be up to the knees in blood as it's havoc getting your socks clean after it.:) Seriously up to the Knees in blood should be dropped and a less controversial text put in. I really feel we should get back to singing a version of the tune though. For me it definitely has to start with Hullo Hullo as that is the cry that gets the crowd going.

I certainly don't want to be up to the knees in blood as it's havoc getting your socks clean after it.:) Seriously up to the Knees in blood should be dropped and a less controversial text put in. I really feel we should get back to singing a version of the tune though. For me it definitely has to start with Hullo Hullo as that is the cry that gets the crowd going.

Bunch of middle class nancy boys. :D Where did you pansies go in the old days when Rangers fans were somewhat less limp-wristed at the thought of a bit of blood?

Talking of which reminds me of the time I slid (unintentionally) down the length of the slope at the back of the old Beach End at Pittawdrie and removed the greater part of my jeans from a very skint arse.:whistle:

Edited by maineflyer

Bunch of middle class nancy boys. :D Where did you pansies go in the old days when Rangers fans were somewhat less limp-wristed at the thought of a bit of blood?

Talking of which reminds me of the time I slid (unintentionally) down the length of the slope at the back of the old Beach End at Pittawdrie and removed the greater part of my jeans from a very skint arse.:whistle:

More people get a sore arse at Pit toddrie than any other football stadium. the Aberdeen supporters are immune to it by now.:)

Celtic get away with their IRA songbook on the grounds that it is "political". Therefore the term "******" cannot be deemed sectarian. This nonsense about it being a religious term is a lie that could only be peddled in McConnellite Scotland.

The only - grudging - concession I would make would be "Celtic blood" in place of "******". I'd rather abandon the song completely than sing anything else.

I never knew UEFA had banned the mere "tune" of The Billy Boys. How absurd. I don't even think UEFA were the main culprits - they came under such a barrage of nonsense, with hundreds of chimps and jhournos up and down the land e-mailing and sending in video footage. Rangers fans can only dream of conducting a campaign like it.

And here's me thinking the recession was hitting attendances, when obviously UEFA have shut down a stand at Kilmarnock and Dundee. Oh wait, that's not Rangers so it doesn't count:rolleyes:

While analysis of the facts suggests the Rangers haters wouldn't have a leg to stand on if this was put through the courts, I wouldn't like to be the poor sod trying to defend it in a Scottish court in 2009.

Celtic get away with their IRA songbook on the grounds that it is "political". Therefore the term "******" cannot be deemed sectarian. This nonsense about it being a religious term is a lie that could only be peddled in McConnellite Scotland.

The only - grudging - concession I would make would be "Celtic blood" in place of "******". I'd rather abandon the song completely than sing anything else.

I never knew UEFA had banned the mere "tune" of The Billy Boys. How absurd. I don't even think UEFA were the main culprits - they came under such a barrage of nonsense, with hundreds of chimps and jhournos up and down the land e-mailing and sending in video footage. Rangers fans can only dream of conducting a campaign like it.

And here's me thinking the recession was hitting attendances, when obviously UEFA have shut down a stand at Kilmarnock and Dundee. Oh wait, that's not Rangers so it doesn't count:rolleyes:

While analysis of the facts suggests the Rangers haters wouldn't have a leg to stand on if this was put through the courts, I wouldn't like to be the poor sod trying to defend it in a Scottish court in 2009.

Where have you appeared from Norris. Suddenly I no long feel so alone. :D:D:D