The one I'm following, although I won't pretend to claim it as my own.

Engage with other fans/websites, raise awareness, spread the message, provide information, solicit opinion, take a view on the words, sing the song.

The reason for posting the OP was to try to gauge whether sharing some information would result in positive support.

I don't think support of other websites is the problem. Most Rangers sites would back it.

Less will sing the actual song for fear of arrest - new lyrics or not. As such, the is the thing you have to arrange. The police may challenge one or two singers of it but they won't challenge 10, 20 or more.

As such you need to organise something in that regard. Speak with the singing sections and/or organise a flyer drop for a specific game/time where the song is started and sung.

Would this work and is it too convoluted? Possibly - I don't honestly know; but I think you'll struggle to find one or two people brave enough to take on Kenny Scott and the stormtroopers at Ibrox unless you have strength in numbers.

That's not fear or over-analysis. Just realism.

It certainly wouldn't cause us to lose it...

In fact, given I'm sure many fans would enjoy singing a new version, it may help improve the atmosphere during games and help address the overall negativity surrounding the club. That would only affect the team in a positive sense.

That's what I was thinking, but what if the insane portion of the other lot manage to somehow get us some points deducted?

That's what I was thinking, but what if the insane portion of the other lot manage to somehow get us some points deducted?

The chance will obviously be there. But I suspect that won't happen as it's already been shown that inoffensive versions of the song are apparently acceptable.

Obviously the line between offensive and inoffensive is easily shifted by certain people and that's the worry here.

Obviously the line between offensive and inoffensive is easily shifted by certain people and that's the worry here.

Well, that's what I've been trying to say... albeit in a roundabout way.

Well, that's what I've been trying to say... albeit in a roundabout way.

But, obviously, that shouldn't be a reason not to bring back the song.

Indeed, I suspect, it's the very reason for doing so. The line needs to be seen by all.

And whether they're well informed or not, are you going to trust the support NOT to step over that line Frankie?

Well that's debatable given the right leadership...

When asked to stop the 'offensive' version, the fans did so almost overnight.

As such, we shouldn't think the worse when asked to sing a new version as long as fans continue to self-police.

Obviously, having the support of the club and fan organisations would aid in this.

All it takes is one or two people to be victimized on this subject though (just like the famine song) & all of a sudden we've got a reinforced campaign against us.

So, what is your point here? Never do anything in case someone somewhere doesn't like it? Should we just come out and ask our enemies what part of our heritage they are prepared to allow us to keep?

You've made your position clear on this several times already, having obviously bought into the whole fear thing hook, line and sinker. Why are you so afraid of a campaign against us - don't you realise there has been and continues to be a highly-active campaign against all things Rangers for many years.

Just for once, shouldn't it be about what WE wish to campaign for? Or have you also bought into the perpetual victimhood syndrome?

If its to be about RFC then i dont see whats wrong with the version that the club used to put out:

Hullo Hullo We are the Rangers Boys

Hullo Hullo you'll know us by our noise

We'll give anything to see our team

at Ibrox or away

Coz we are the super rangers boys

Getting everyone to sing that would be pretty tough and id rather id be something nearer what we sang anyway wih the removal of feenyan blood