Good to see one of our players talking about how much he loves the club.

As regards his attitude and fitness, do you think that's just symptomatic of Scottish players and that will never change? On one hand, you'd hope that the club would be trying to change things, but surely a young player like Boyd would be doing all he could to improve his game? He's got a short career in the game and there's so much good information available now on how to train smarter, surely its in his best interests to reach his full potential?

Rather than get further into this I think it is suffice to say that you do indeed state a fact that Boyd has never been part of a title winning team. But the FACT in that is that it isnt necessarily Boyd's fault that this is the case.

McGregor hasnt played in a title winning team (he was in the 05 squad but didnt play IIRC) so he must be worthless too huh ? Lets get rid of McGregor as well.....

It is the usual "Boyd hasnt played in a title winning team" and the inference of that is that it is his fault or that he, somehow, could single-handedly change that. Even though you throw in "Adam and Burke" the inference is still there that Boyd is at the core of this being the case.

Apparently it was his fault last season too - yet he didnt play often and didnt get ANY game time against Celtic and he COULD have been the difference. When you say McGregor was in the form of his life and might have saved the 3rd goal that is fine. But it is JUST AS EASY to say Boyd might have scored to get the draw had he been playing.

Just as it is easy for you to find it hard to believe that without Boyd in the team we would draw 0-0 each week I find it logical that he perhaps, just perhaps, would have scored a goal to give us the draw with Celtic we needed.

But even to just get to the core of your argument which is that Boyd hasnt been a part of a title winning team.......

He joined in the 2005-06 season in January.

2005-06 - joined January, league already over

2006-07 - fair enough, we lost the league with him in the team but we were watching a team which had been dismantled due to downsizing.

2007-08 - played 28 league games and none against our biggest competitors. Still scored 14 league goals though, and finished top scorer.

2008-09 - to be concluded.

So, he has only been here for TWO full seasons and yet he seems to be the one to be the reason we havent won the league.......

If you want culprits as to why we havent won the league look further up the food chain than Boyd.

Regardless, I am still curious as to who is going to provide the goal threat with Boyd not in the team. Kenny Miller ? 7 goals, no goals in his last 9 games and with a worse finish than you and me (and I am a defender....). Novo ? Who is injured. Who CAN score goals but is prone to fresh air swipes too ? Lafferty ? Possibly but should we really be expecting him to score a ton of goals when he hasnt done it anywhere else ?

We could debate the footballing skills, or otherwise, of Boyd all day long. What cannot be debated though is his instinct to be in the right place at the right time and that he has a natural ability for that which none of our other strikers has.

Goals win games. I just can't be convinced that the other strikers in our team will provide us with the goals to win the league. Sure, they will create more goals than Boyd will - but who will be on the end of them ?

As regards his attitude and fitness, do you think that's just symptomatic of Scottish players and that will never change? On one hand, you'd hope that the club would be trying to change things, but surely a young player like Boyd would be doing all he could to improve his game? He's got a short career in the game and there's so much good information available now on how to train smarter, surely its in his best interests to reach his full potential?

Is there much more he can improve on with his limited ability ?

It could very well be the Scottish mentality but that shouldn't prevent someone from trying to better themselves.

Re the training that should be dual-edged though. He should WANT to reach his full potential but the coaching staff should also be the ones to make sure they have training and coaching programs that bring this about.

To be fair, there HAS been reasonable improvement from Boyd this season. Sure, he has had his off-games but which player in our team CAN'T say that ?

What I want to know is why that arguement is used purely against Boyd, Craig?

Who in the present squad has won a league title? Barry, Novo, McGregor are a few.

How many have not? Does that mean we should get shot of all these players? Or does it merely suggest that despite the positive contributions of these players, they have not been sufficiently complimented by other players/employees to result in a league title.

Rather than getting rid of or blaming players who are making positive contributions to a title challenge, we should look at replacing those who do not.

Kris Boyd has certainly improved this season. Unlike the plonker he too frequently has to play alongside. Miller has got steadily worse, as many said he would. He can't score, pass, tackle, control a pass within ten feet, head the ball or do anything except run around at breakneck speed achieving nothing.

So if we're going to criticise Boyd let's have the same analysis of Kenny the Crisp Bag Chaser. �£2.1m wasted on a known failure - now that's worth talking about. By comparison, Kris Boyd is Mr Perfect.

Kris Boyd has certainly improved this season. Unlike the plonker he too frequently has to play alongside. Miller has got steadily worse, as many said he would. He can't score, pass, tackle, control a pass within ten feet, head the ball or do anything except run around at breakneck speed achieving nothing.

So if we're going to criticise Boyd let's have the same analysis of Kenny the Crisp Bag Chaser. �£2.1m wasted on a known failure - now that's worth talking about. By comparison, Kris Boyd is Mr Perfect.

Aye..............'' but he can run aboot a'day '' :whistle:

What I want to know is why that arguement is used purely against Boyd, Craig?

Who in the present squad has won a league title? Barry, Novo, McGregor are a few.

How many have not? Does that mean we should get shot of all these players? Or does it merely suggest that despite the positive contributions of these players, they have not been sufficiently complimented by other players/employees to result in a league title.

Rather than getting rid of or blaming players who are making positive contributions to a title challenge, we should look at replacing those who do not.

You put better exactly what I was trying to get at. There are plenty more besides Boyd who have not won the title whilst at Rangers. I guess for me it is the manner in which it is stated that annoys me, as if it is Boyd's fault and his alone that we have not won the league whilst he has been here.

He has only played in 2 full seasons (and in the 2nd one for half of that season it shouldn't be forgotten that our TEAM was languishing badly after the 1st half of the season and surely Boyd cannot be blamed for the fact that PLG didn't seem to think his defence needed shored up).

There is only really one season where you could make him a scapegoat (like others). And in that season the team seemed more determined to do well in Europe than in the SPL (2006-07).

I think that in the season subsequent (2007-08) PLG seemed to be a bigger factor than the players in that he was too stubborn to see the failings of the team (and I say that as someone who didnt really want PLG to leave).

This season is still to be concluded and the 2005-06 season, when Boyd joined, he joined when the league was already effectively over.

Sure, Boyd still has to take responsibility for being part of a team and squad that have not won the league in 4 years but, as you say, why is this criticism being levelled primarily at Boyd and not others ??

It is the financial mismanagement and downsizing that is much more to blame than one particular player.

Further, whether we like it or not, to get 94 goals from a guy from 134 appearances and for a cost of 400k is great business.

I can understand people suggesting he isnt a good player (which is fair enough) but I just do not see where our goals come from if he isnt in the team.

Our midfield these days very rarely contribute goals so it is up to the strikers and none of the other options seem capable of scoring consistently. And in this league it is consistency that will win the league. Celtic have been as poor a team as we are for the last 4 years but they have been more consistent than we have. I don't think that taking Boyd out of the team makes us a more consistent team.

What I can't understand is the fans that don't like him,ok fair enough he is frustrating to watch and couldn't trap a bag of cement but he scores goals,I for one don't think the guys is a good football player,far from it, but HE SCORES GOALS !!!,some players are just as pish a footballer and contribute absolute zero and don't get as hard a time ???