What I can't understand is the fans that don't like him,ok fair enough he is frustrating to watch and couldn't trap a bag of cement but he scores goals,I for one don't think the guys is a good football player,far from it, but HE SCORES GOALS !!!,some players are just as pish a footballer and contribute absolute zero and don't get as hard a time ???

If we had to vote for a POTY right now I cannot think of many who have contributed more to our season so far than Kris Boyd.

I heard a stat that apparently Rangers score more goals relatively when Boyd is not in the team. :whistle:

Would be interested to see the stats for that to be honest. With so many goals from his appearances it would be interesting to see how manyhave been scored when he is not in the team in the time he is here.

Seems counter-intuitive to me as he scores far more than the rest of the team.

I heard a stat that apparently Rangers score more goals relatively when Boyd is not in the team. :whistle:

I'd be suprised if that is the case. He scores a large percentage of our goals and a few more are added by others whilst he's on the field. I just don't see it.

Is this an FF fact where something is stated once with no basis and everyone repeats it as being true? :whistle:

Rather than get further into this I think it is suffice to say that you do indeed state a fact that Boyd has never been part of a title winning team. But the FACT in that is that it isnt necessarily Boyd's fault that this is the case.

McGregor hasnt played in a title winning team (he was in the 05 squad but didnt play IIRC) so he must be worthless too huh ? Lets get rid of McGregor as well.....

It is the usual "Boyd hasnt played in a title winning team" and the inference of that is that it is his fault or that he, somehow, could single-handedly change that. Even though you throw in "Adam and Burke" the inference is still there that Boyd is at the core of this being the case.

I didnt want to get into it too much either but I dont mind doing so as Im happy to debate.

Your right to say others havent been part of a title winning side either. This is because we have had/still do have too much average players who cant do it over a season.

Its not true when you say I think Boyd is the core, its simply because we have more Boyd debates than any other player. If we had as much Adam debates then you would say the same that I think Adam was the core. If you read my posts from way back then i dont even blame Boyd, i blame the managers who sign and pick the players. But on a personal front Boyd should be trying to improve his game. He did so to give the middle finger to Burley but seems to have went back to his lacklusture game again.

And you have to remember Im far from alone in these thoughts. The fans are split over Boyd.

Apparently it was his fault last season too - yet he didnt play often and didnt get ANY game time against Celtic and he COULD have been the difference. When you say McGregor was in the form of his life and might have saved the 3rd goal that is fine. But it is JUST AS EASY to say Boyd might have scored to get the draw had he been playing.

Just as it is easy for you to find it hard to believe that without Boyd in the team we would draw 0-0 each week I find it logical that he perhaps, just perhaps, would have scored a goal to give us the draw with Celtic we needed.

Again not true, you are putting words into my mouth. Ive already stated the fixture list and McGregors injury as the 2 reasons I think we didnt win the title last season. WS's selections werent my 1st choice but he is the manager.

And i dont think its JUST AS EASY to say Boyd may have scored the winner had he been playing. We witnessed McGregor in outstanding form, yet we didnt witness Boyd being capable of getting a winner - its 2 different things, 1 is pretty much likely while the other is a guess. But you are certainly allowed to think that in the same way I dont think he would have. But you wont see me trying to tell you to get over any theory that you may be right.

But even to just get to the core of your argument which is that Boyd hasnt been a part of a title winning team.......

He joined in the 2005-06 season in January.

2005-06 - joined January, league already over

2006-07 - fair enough, we lost the league with him in the team but we were watching a team which had been dismantled due to downsizing.

2007-08 - played 28 league games and none against our biggest competitors. Still scored 14 league goals though, and finished top scorer.

2008-09 - to be concluded.

So, he has only been here for TWO full seasons and yet he seems to be the one to be the reason we havent won the league.......

If you want culprits as to why we havent won the league look further up the food chain than Boyd.

As mentioned I blame managers for not winning the title. The buck stops with the manager, coaches and board for me on that!

Regardless, I am still curious as to who is going to provide the goal threat with Boyd not in the team. Kenny Miller ? 7 goals, no goals in his last 9 games and with a worse finish than you and me (and I am a defender....). Novo ? Who is injured. Who CAN score goals but is prone to fresh air swipes too ? Lafferty ? Possibly but should we really be expecting him to score a ton of goals when he hasnt done it anywhere else ?

I believe the goals can come from all over the team. I also think Boyd can still get his fair share in the team but for me he wouldnt be first pick at the moment. Again WS has to take some blame for having a host of strikers in the last 7 months and still not knowing what to do.

So why is our support fascinated by Boyd so much in the first place? Whether we win or lose, he seems to be one of the first players singled out for criticism. Its not as bad on here, but on other forums, its incredible how many threads there are from supporters about him and how many other threads become a chance to have a go at him too. Just don't understand it really.

If he was any better he would probably be playing in a much better league for a good team. He is playing for a great team in a pretty poor league where money is very tight just now. I think fans more than anything want players to run themselves into the ground for the team (nothing wrong with that) but you need lazy buggers/poachers/natural goalscorers to put the ball into the net such as Boyd IMO. A team needs a good blend of workers, skillfull players and natural goalscorers to win games not just a team of workers who give 100% all the time, just my opinion...........

I agree with both of you Mike and Johnny.

I know I sound like a broken record but I just can't see past his goals per games ratio. Goals might come from elsewhere if he doesn't play but I don't think there would be anywhere near as many or consistently. Just my opinion of course.....