Please not Kenny Miller

Wind up taken ;)

But..... what you are saying is that if Kaka DID play for them then you wouldn't want him at Ibrox even if he played for no wage and there was no transfer fee. That would be criminal from a footballing perspective, surely ? Our club has plenty of under-achievers yet we would turn our back on one of the world's greats simply because he played for THEM ?!?

I don't think I could ever agree that it is being PC. Maybe it is my naivete or I am missing something but I don't see it as being PC in wanting good players at our club, regardless of who that player is.

I wasnt a fan of having Miller back at the club but, rather than who he played for in the past, it was my belief that he didnt improve us that made that decision. I altered my opinion after a couple of months as I thought he was playing well. He has been awful of late though and making me rethink my original stance. But, for me at least, it is all about ability and being able to play in the SPL. Bit what colours they have worn in the past.

I don't see that as being PC, just wanting the best players possible at my club.

I like the way you create some great debate though !! :thup:

Just a natural born agent of chaos.:cool:

As for Kaka, the guy is a protestant from a kafflick country so ra sellick would obviously never sign him in the first place. But if they did, but if they did, I would reject him like a rabid dog and use him as an excuse to make ludicrously intolerant posts on obscure internet forums. Our playing squad would be weaker but we'd still have our pride.

Here's a thought for you though - with all our new-found moral maturity and acquired sensitivity, are we any more successful as a club and are we any more unified or respected as a support?

We used to sing about being up to the knees in feenyan blood and thought it was a party song. The other mob sang their party songs and we laughed at them. Now it's intensive victimhood and moral outrage - and it has only served to harden the hatred.

I remember driving back to Aberdeen after the 1991 League Cup final with a car load of bears. Stopped for petrol at Dunblane and gave a lift to this sellick supporter who had somehow been left behind. We took the piss and sang the songs all the way home and he gave as good as he got. I dropped him off in Brechin, shook his hand, called him a dirty rebel and moved on. Do that today and there would be a barrage of complaints - from the other Rangers supporters, afraid to be seen to be what the media has taught us all to be ashamed of. This world truly has become fukked up.

Just a natural born agent of chaos.:cool:

As for Kaka, the guy is a protestant from a kafflick country so ra sellick would obviously never sign him in the first place. But if they did, but if they did, I would reject him like a rabid dog and use him as an excuse to make ludicrously intolerant posts on obscure internet forums. Our playing squad would be weaker but we'd still have our pride.

Here's a thought for you though - with all our new-found moral maturity and acquired sensitivity, are we any more successful as a club and are we any more unified or respected as a support?

We used to sing about being up to the knees in feenyan blood and thought it was a party song. The other mob sang their party songs and we laughed at them. Now it's intensive victimhood and moral outrage - and it has only served to harden the hatred.

I remember driving back to Aberdeen after the 1991 League Cup final with a car load of bears. Stopped for petrol at Dunblane and gave a lift to this sellick supporter who had somehow been left behind. We took the piss and sang the songs all the way home and he gave as good as he got. I dropped him off in Brechin, shook his hand, called him a dirty rebel and moved on. Do that today and there would be a barrage of complaints - from the other Rangers supporters, afraid to be seen to be what the media has taught us all to be ashamed of. This world truly has become fukked up.

Couldnt agree more. The fun has been steadily taken out of the game to the extent that there now is none left. Is that as a result of people being more PC ? Absolutely. But it is also down to certain fans....... who revel in the tag of being the victimised and offended.

I dont think that it is Rangers fans - on the whole we seem to be a very tolerant bunch and, in fact, I find it more amusing than anything to hear them singing some of their songs or throwing beach balls around.

However, THEIR fans seem to hate us more than they love their own club and that is where much of the recent "offendedness" has come from.

Rather than supporting their own team and "bigging them up" they would prefer to try to put us out of business.

I am ranting..... but the fact remains that there is very little fun in the game anymore - and fans (of certain clubs....) as well as administrators and the governmental agencies need to take responsibility for that.

Couldnt agree more. The fun has been steadily taken out of the game to the extent that there now is none left. Is that as a result of people being more PC ? Absolutely. But it is also down to certain fans....... who revel in the tag of being the victimised and offended.

I dont think that it is Rangers fans - on the whole we seem to be a very tolerant bunch and, in fact, I find it more amusing than anything to hear them singing some of their songs or throwing beach balls around.

However, THEIR fans seem to hate us more than they love their own club and that is where much of the recent "offendedness" has come from.

Rather than supporting their own team and "bigging them up" they would prefer to try to put us out of business.

I am ranting..... but the fact remains that there is very little fun in the game anymore - and fans (of certain clubs....) as well as administrators and the governmental agencies need to take responsibility for that.

Completely agree. This is the age of the willingly offended and they wield their victimhood like a weapon. Of course, it's not only football. It's in every aspect of life.

I strongly recommend anyone interested should take the time to read The Abolition of Britain by Peter Hitchens, who explains this debilitating phenomenon in a more lucid fashion than I ever could.

Edited by maineflyer

You need to wind your neck in a bit pal and stop taking everything so seriously. This is just a football forum. I couldn't give a monkey's whether Craig is pc or not, or anyone else for that matter, and I was actually just trying (badly) to wind him up. From what I've seen, he's a lot better equipped to see off any challenge than you are.

I don't understand why you feel the need to rush to defend everyone on here. Are you the site policemen?

Nah, I just can't be bothered with that school bully attitude where some think it's really cool to have a self serving, antagonistic and destructive modus operandi, while far better adjusted people who lack that macho bullshit are somehow considered weak and worthy of contempt.

I'm no policeman but I do like to defend unjust criticism from people who sound like their head is up their arse.

And who is to say I'm not out to wind YOU up? - maybe YOU should relax a bit, eh? I feel perfectly chilled.

Nah, I just can't be bothered with that school bully attitude where some think it's really cool to have a self serving, antagonistic and destructive modus operandi, while far better adjusted people who lack that macho bullshit are somehow considered weak and worthy of contempt.

I'm no policeman but I do like to defend unjust criticism from people who sound like their head is up their arse.

And who is to say I'm not out to wind YOU up? - maybe YOU should relax a bit, eh? I feel perfectly chilled.

Dear Mr Angry,

It's a genuine delight to read your posts. There are not many who would see the world the way you do. Please keep up the good work.

All the best,

Maineflyer:D