Please not Kenny Miller

It's looking increasingly likely the Runaround Kid will get a place after all. .

Id rather this runaround kid play in a 4-5-1 than the statue kid who cant play that role.

For me if it is 4-5-1 id go with Lafferty as he has had a decent couple of last few outings but still nothing to get carried away with.

If we are playing a 4-5-1 then its critical we get the system right with the wide men (preferable Fleck and Aaron). Id move Davis in the centre with Fergie and Mendes in the 4-5-1 so McCulloch doesnt play.

But id prefer 4-4-2 and I quite fancy Miller and Lafferty upfront in this game.

Id rather this runaround kid play in a 4-5-1 than the statue kid who cant play that role.

For me if it is 4-5-1 id go with Lafferty as he has had a decent couple of last few outings but still nothing to get carried away with.

If we are playing a 4-5-1 then its critical we get the system right with the wide men (preferable Fleck and Aaron). Id move Davis in the centre with Fergie and Mendes in the 4-5-1 so McCulloch doesnt play.

But id prefer 4-4-2 and I quite fancy Miller and Lafferty upfront in this game.

That's right - you and Walter stick with strikers who can't score goals. How does it go again, prejudice over performance?:confused:

In a 4-4-2 I fail to see how ANY of our supporters would want Miller in there unless partnering Boyd. Basically in a 4-4-2 it should be Boyd plus A.N.Other.

In a 4-5-1 I would agree that Boyd isnt our best option but I would also contend that in the 4-5-1 Lafferty would be the better option over Miller.

I just don't get how people want Miller in that team when he has gone 9 full games without scoring. And then we complain that others such as BF get in the team when not performing well ??????

I thought Miller played well for the first 3 or 4 months of the season, creating a few of Boyd's goals and doing well running the channels. But it is not debatable that he has been AWFUL in the last couple of months.

4-4-2 - Boyd + A.N. Other

4-5-1 - Lafferty

At least for me anyway.

Playing 4-5-1 would be a far bigger mistake than merely playing Miller. Whether it's Miller or Boyd, the fact is that there isn't a striker at the club who can play up front on their own. Cousin was the last player we had with the intelligence to do it with any kind of effect. If we go with one up front on the 15th we deserve to get beat. Miller shouldn't be anywhere near the first team given his current form, but if he's going to play it has to be as part of a two man attack.

Would have loved to have seen Novo up against Heid It and Hoof It once more.

I don't mind a 4-5-1 as long as we play with 3 distinct offensive players behind him - not two holding players and just one.

However, I do doubt that we have any player capable of supplying the same physical link-up threat Cousin used to give us against Celtic. Miller has done well in this role for Scotland but his form of late has been abysmal so he cannot start.

I'd have forgiven McLeish for going there with a 4-5-1 during the dark days when the mopes were five times the team we were, in an effort to avoid a battering. But the situation is completely different now. By far the weakest area of Celtc's team are their centre back pairing. While the mhedia try desperately to dub them Scotland's new W Miller and McLeish, anyone watching them this season can see they are vulnerable from first minute to last against the most pedestrian of sides.

It's an absolute waste playing one up front against them. I'd have though Smith would've realised that by now, given events of the last 12 months or so. If he plays for the draw we will get beat, no two ways about it.

Bayonets fixed and in about them.

The Enemy are weak - Go for the Throat

4-4-2 all the way

Boyd and Miller up top.

Fleck Ferguson Mendes Davis in the middle

Papac Weir Bougherra Broadfoot at the Back

McGregor between the sticks.

Time for the Pendulam to swing in our Favour. :box:

I'd be tempted to go 4-3-3 and go at tham from the first minute to the last....

McGregor

Broadfoot

Weir

Boogie

Papac

Davis

Ferguson

Mendes

Perm any three from four

Boyd

Miller

Lafferty

Fleck

GET INTO THEM....

Cammy F

I'd be tempted to go 4-3-3 and go at tham from the first minute to the last....

McGregor

Broadfoot

Weir

Boogie

Papac

Davis

Ferguson

Mendes

Perm any three from four

Boyd

Miller

Lafferty

Fleck

GET INTO THEM....

Cammy F

Thats how a 4-5-1 should be played so it turns into a 4-3-3 on attack. What a relief it is having Bougherra fit for this game. It should also mean Whittaker doesnt play.

As Frankie says if we go 4-5-1 then we need 3 offensive players behind that.

I just wonder if Edu will come in for this game.

____________________Mcgregor_______________

Broadfoot_____Bougherra_____Weir________Papac

__________Ferguson___________Edu___________

______Davis__________Mendes_________Fleck___

____________________Lafferty________________

I give you one reason why he should not have been allowed to pull on the old blue jersey

SellickMiller.jpg

Of course his complete lack of talent would be enough on its own but there's never any harm reminding ourselves of where this person has been.