Please not Kenny Miller

See what you are saying, but if any player can improve the team then he has to be considered. Has Kenny Miller improved our team? That is another arguement for another day.

Just a little off-topic question, would you welcome an ex-Celtc fan into our ranks if they saw the light and dropped all interest in the hooped horrors and chose the 'bright-side'?

Cammy F

Two interesting issues.

Firstly Kenny Miller would struggle to improve Albion Rovers so it's a rather academic point you raise here.

Secondly, if someone tells you he moved his allegiance from Rangers to sellick or vice versa, there are two possibilities. he's either a liar or he never knew true allegiance. Anything else is transparent bullshit and that isn't seen every day either.

Too many people afraid to feel their emotions. If anyone believes a football team is a purely cerebral experience then they are only partially committed or they are living in denial. Of that I have no doubt.

Obviously your prerogative to feel that way MF. However, please dont suggest that I am in some way being PC.

It is a straight forward solution for me. I am a football fan and my team is Rangers. That means, quite simply, I want the best players at my club. And if that means that he has previously played for them, then so be it.

But please dont call it being politically correct when it simply isnt.

If Kaka had played for them, had cost them 100 million, saw out his contract, wanted to sign for us for free and was still the best player in the world then I make absolutely no apology for wanting him at our club.

The benefits to us would be endless. 1) we get the best player in the world 2) he has cost US nothing 3) he cost them 100 million and they recovered NOTHING in outgoing transfer fee.

Kenny Miller is a world removed from Kaka but the premise remains for me that I want the best players at my club.

You like your sanitised analyses. However, even so far removed from the visceral reality of the old firm, you cannot possible promote an argument based on comparing Kenny Mhiller and Kaka, and expect anyone to do anything other than laugh. That really is funny. Ahahahahahahaha - see?

And I still say it IS being politically correct. Of course it is. Without that basis, you would never contemplate signing the enemy. Of course, I realise it is a very powerful addiction, which is why most of the country now seems afflicted with it. ;)

You like your sanitised analyses.

Sure beats an insane rant and rave.

However, even so far removed from the visceral reality of the old firm, you cannot possible promote an argument based on comparing Kenny Mhiller and Kaka, and expect anyone to do anything other than laugh. That really is funny. Ahahahahahahaha - see?

Thanks for the example.

And I still say it IS being politically correct. Of course it is. Without that basis, you would never contemplate signing the enemy. Of course, I realise it is a very powerful addiction, which is why most of the country now seems afflicted with it. ;)

Oh you're so cool and hard, you politically incorrect people aren't you? Yeah going around permanently hateful, angry and bitter and calling people names all the time - that really deserves respect.

People not like that, MUST be ridiculed, eh?

Obviously your prerogative to feel that way MF. However, please dont suggest that I am in some way being PC.

It is a straight forward solution for me. I am a football fan and my team is Rangers. That means, quite simply, I want the best players at my club. And if that means that he has previously played for them, then so be it.

But please dont call it being politically correct when it simply isnt.

If Kaka had played for them, had cost them 100 million, saw out his contract, wanted to sign for us for free and was still the best player in the world then I make absolutely no apology for wanting him at our club.

The benefits to us would be endless. 1) we get the best player in the world 2) he has cost US nothing 3) he cost them 100 million and they recovered NOTHING in outgoing transfer fee.

Kenny Miller is a world removed from Kaka but the premise remains for me that I want the best players at my club.

Pretty much agree with that Craig.

If Rangers signed a player direct from Celtic Id have no problems with this if it improved the team.

Its all about how you view the rivalry, if you see Celtic like you view suicide bombers then what hope does this world have. Yes, there support have its filth in numbers but the footballing side of it doesnt have to sink that low.

I'm inclined slightly to agree with MF on the Miller issue. But I guess it's because not only have we signed an ex-Celt, but a crap ex-celt.

Crap at us.

Crap at Wolves

Crap at Celtic

Crap at Derby

Mostly crap at Scotland

Crap again here after an initial purple patch.

I would also be quite excited by Smith partnering Boyd and Naismith as his OF suprise. He always has one and a previously succesful partnerhip of goals and pace, trickery and goals would be my choice.

Ps. Noticed in the McCulloch interview that Boyd has started more games this year and a win this weekend woudl take us top. Useful to bear in mind for the arguement we have over Boyd and how it's his "sole responsibility we have not won a title in his time".

Sure beats an insane rant and rave.

Thanks for the example.

Oh you're so cool and hard, you politically incorrect people aren't you? Yeah going around permanently hateful, angry and bitter and calling people names all the time - that really deserves respect.

People not like that, MUST be ridiculed, eh?

You need to wind your neck in a bit pal and stop taking everything so seriously. This is just a football forum. I couldn't give a monkey's whether Craig is pc or not, or anyone else for that matter, and I was actually just trying (badly) to wind him up. From what I've seen, he's a lot better equipped to see off any challenge than you are.

I don't understand why you feel the need to rush to defend everyone on here. Are you the site policemen?

I'm inclined slightly to agree with MF on the Miller issue. But I guess it's because not only have we signed an ex-Celt, but a crap ex-celt.

That is the crux of the matter - the Kenny Millers of this world are ALL we can attract - he is hard working, gives 100% and scores the odd goal. He was bought to replace Cousin who whilst being 10 times the player Miller is, decided himself when and where he performed.

BTW, it's not Kenny Millers fault that he is currently back at Rangers.... A lot of fans direct their ire at Miller, it should be directed elsewhere.

Cammy F

That is the crux of the matter - the Kenny Millers of this world are ALL we can attract - he is hard working, gives 100% and scores the odd goal. He was bought to replace Cousin who whilst being 10 times the player Miller is, decided himself when and where he performed.

BTW, it's not Kenny Millers fault that he is currently back at Rangers.... A lot of fans direct their ire at Miller, it should be directed elsewhere.

Cammy F

True, the fact that Walter signed Miller puts a question mark over his ability to spot a player. I don't agree Miller is the standard of player we can attract.

A fit Novo or Naismith is a better option and I'm sure we could attract players with Miller's attitude but greater ability.

You like your sanitised analyses. However, even so far removed from the visceral reality of the old firm, you cannot possible promote an argument based on comparing Kenny Mhiller and Kaka, and expect anyone to do anything other than laugh. That really is funny. Ahahahahahahaha - see?

Wind up taken ;)

But..... what you are saying is that if Kaka DID play for them then you wouldn't want him at Ibrox even if he played for no wage and there was no transfer fee. That would be criminal from a footballing perspective, surely ? Our club has plenty of under-achievers yet we would turn our back on one of the world's greats simply because he played for THEM ?!?

I don't think I could ever agree that it is being PC. Maybe it is my naivete or I am missing something but I don't see it as being PC in wanting good players at our club, regardless of who that player is.

I wasnt a fan of having Miller back at the club but, rather than who he played for in the past, it was my belief that he didnt improve us that made that decision. I altered my opinion after a couple of months as I thought he was playing well. He has been awful of late though and making me rethink my original stance. But, for me at least, it is all about ability and being able to play in the SPL. Bit what colours they have worn in the past.

I don't see that as being PC, just wanting the best players possible at my club.

I like the way you create some great debate though !! :thup: