Tonights game

But WS should have known that those would be ICT's tactics. What formation did ICT ave out BD ? 4-5-1 ?

If they played with one up top then WS should have considered sacrificing someone at the back and went 3-4-3 - that wouldnt happen with WS though - it is either 4-4-2 or 4-5-2 (when fearful of the other team......).

Seemed to be a defensive 4-4-2.

Sorry, that was their formation.

Not a dig at you, it's a dig at Walter. I honestly believed tonight was a night to score a few goals. I guess I was naive.

"Over the period of the game I can't say we've thrown away three points" - our manager's latest classic. You're right Walter, you haven't thrown away three points - you've thrown away a championship.

Not a dig at you, it's a dig at Walter. I honestly believed tonight was a night to score a few goals. I guess I was naive.

"Over the period of the game I can't say we've thrown away three points" - our manager's latest classic. You're right Walter, you haven't thrown away three points - you've thrown away a championship.

Please tell me the old goat didn't actually say that. I suppose I shouldn't really be surprised - this is the manager who has spent �£30m of the club's money and still has to play four centre halfs in defence.

But the championship is not lost. I know we are ALL pissed off but to write the championship off when there are only 3 points in it is premature. There is NO WAY the championship is lost. Sure, Celtic now have the advantage but that is not to say that they wont drop points along the way too. There is still so little in it that to suggest that this results guarantees we dont win the league is foolish IMO.

I know where you are coming from though because there is not one single game where we EXPECT a win, let alone a resounding one. Celtic on the other hand always expect to win, and that could be the difference between the two teams come the end of the season, sadly.

Classic Walter Smith. Why not come out and say "the team were simply not good enough to beat a determined team that we knew would defend doggedly. If this team wants to win and achieve things then they need to start showing character, grit, determination in doing so".

He almost defends his players to a point where they probably dont have to give a shit about results !

:yawn:

"We're very disappointed. We didn't play well enough.

"I felt we started the game as poorly as we've started any game since I've come back to Rangers and I think that set the tone for the evening.

"I didn't think we played that well in the second but at least we showed an intensity that was missing in the first half of the game.

"Overall, we can't complain about the result. Our overall play wasn't of the standard that it has been in recent matches.

"Give Inverness a bit of credit, they defended very well and we huffed and puffed for the whole evening.

"Over the period of the game I can't say we've thrown away three points because we didn't create that many opportunities for the amount of possession of the ball we had."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7919306.stm

Classic Walter Smith. Why not come out and say "the team were simply not good enough to beat a determined team that we knew would defend doggedly. If this team wants to win and achieve things then they need to start showing character, grit, determination in doing so".

He almost defends his players to a point where they probably dont have to give a shit about results !

The fire has gone out.