Tonights game

You're right again and now you know you're right. Penetrating analysis, which your fellow supporters can only benefit from.

I know I'm right because I know how football crowds act including at Ibrox. 5 mins before FT the fans were trying to get behind the team. There was a chorus of WATP - which SPREAD!! It didn't last that long though & as the FT whistle approached, the booing started from a small percentage of fans & yes, you guessed it - it SPREAD. FFS & we've got the nerve to call Aberdeen fans sheep. Mentalists.

Wait a minute now. Terry Butcher walked into a team that couldn't really have gotten any worse.

That is a weird defence Shroomz.

Regardless of whether they could have gotten worse they also could have just simply stayed shite.

They have now taken 4 points from the OF since he came in. He is dragging those players up by the bootlaces up there, something Eck seemed to do in his first season in charge too.

No, what is outrageous is that these players get paid a ton of money and yet you think that they should need to feel loved to perform.

uh, come on. I didn't say that at all. What I DO think is that a percentage of fans started the booing tonight because they had the opportunity to do so. The ones that started it are the ones that want Walter Smith out the door ASAP.. like our very own maineflyer for example. (no personal attack intended)

The reality should be that they should have a desire to win the league

I agree with that.

uh, come on. I didn't say that at all. What I DO think is that a percentage of fans started the booing tonight because they had the opportunity to do so. The ones that started it are the ones that want Walter Smith out the door ASAP..

Don't know that I'd agree with that assumption. I wouldn't imagine that a specific dislike of WS was required for many to start booing. the performance was that bad that it would have just exasperated a lot of people and booing was their way of showing their displeasure of what was on the park tonight.

Butcher got his tactics spot on tonight.

Yep, he came looking to not get beat & be happy with a draw. Luckily for him Davie Weir gifted them a last minute penalty.

Absoulutly shocking tonight to be honest, we may have just witnessed the worst 90 mins from rangers this season and a complete shock result from a team routed at the bottom off the spl, why the hell cant we stay top for more than 7 days without shooting ourselves in the foot?????:confused:

Norris, we've got a good team, but at least half of the players on the park tonight were shite. No excuse for that & it's not the managements fault. These players get payed an f'ing fortune to play for this club & they should earn their bloody money.

I don't know what the script is with all these 'fans' that flood out of the stadium early either. These guys can pay to get in the door, but can't spare an extra half hour to support the team till the final whistle blows? FFS.

It's becoming laughable. We haven't had a good team since the turn of the century. Man Utd are a good team. Barcelona are a good team. We don't have a good team. We have a mediocre team who play in a thoroughly piss-poor league. Even scant observation would tell anyone who cares to open their eyes and look that we are a poor team in the process of transforming into a very poor team. Not only that but we have very few players who would even pass for ordinary. That is the truth, the harsh but honest truth and anything else is simply self-deluding fantasy, cooked up out of misplace pride in the club we all support.

No amount of misguided loyalty will change the facts that everyone can see for themselves in every game we play. And there is something genuinely sad and rather pathetic about the silly bravado that bigs up mediocrity, presumably in order to appear more staunchly loyal or more enduring in the face of adversity, to put self image in front of the truth that our club so desperately needs to face up to.

The cringing muppetry of defending an old and spent manager when the team he has bought, built and fielded has just lost at home to the bottom team in the league - a team that hasn't generally been able to buy an away result. Some basis for defence! I didn't expect that result tonight, I thought we had more in us than that but I was wrong.

You have to look at results like that and wonder where the club will be a year from now. If we don't win this league it is very unlikely we will have a squad fit to qualify for the CL and that may well mean a financial meltdown from which we will not recover in a hurry. With that in mind, I would honestly have expected the manager who took us through the Kaunas debacle would have been rather focussed on not repeating the exercise in his own backyard against the SPL's own Kaunas equivalent. And we're being told not to show our anger by booing. They're damned lucky there's so little heart left in the support these days or they might have had more than booing to gladden their ears. And now it's even here in the internet, the culture of New Rangers - pay your money, sit down, don't complain, toe the line, applaud when directed, see you next game. However you look at it, it's not clever.

Edited by maineflyer

Yep, he came looking to not get beat & be happy with a draw. Luckily for him Davie Weir gifted them a last minute penalty.

But WS should have known that those would be ICT's tactics. What formation did ICT ave out BD ? 4-5-1 ?

If they played with one up top then WS should have considered sacrificing someone at the back and went 3-4-3 - that wouldnt happen with WS though - it is either 4-4-2 or 4-5-2 (when fearful of the other team......).

I know I'm right because I know how football crowds act including at Ibrox. 5 mins before FT the fans were trying to get behind the team. There was a chorus of WATP - which SPREAD!! It didn't last that long though & as the FT whistle approached, the booing started from a small percentage of fans & yes, you guessed it - it SPREAD. FFS & we've got the nerve to call Aberdeen fans sheep. Mentalists.

Like I said before , no one can pull the wool over your eyes. Well done mate.