Rangers must axe Barry Ferguson before they blow chance of winning title

I used to hate my captain when I played the game. I remember one time he bawled at me repeatedly from about 50 yards away to close down my man. Seeing as my opponent was about 15 yards away and getting ready to hoof the ball out of defence I didn't really see the point, but nevertheless launched myself at him. Never has a football hit my stomach with such a sickening thud. I got my breath back after about 20 seconds. Prick :mad:

I used to hate my captain when I played the game. I remember one time he bawled at me repeatedly from about 50 yards away to close down my man. Seeing as my opponent was about 15 yards away and getting ready to hoof the ball out of defence I didn't really see the point, but nevertheless launched myself at him. Never has a football hit my stomach with such a sickening thud. I got my breath back after about 20 seconds. Prick :mad:

Sounds as if he was correct as your actions stopped the ball from going up the park...:whistle:

:D

Sounds as if he was correct as your actions stopped the ball from going up the park...:whistle:

:D

beat me to it. Seems he was right, they could have scored had you not stopped his attempted clearance.

Good work Norris :thup:

Taking one for the team. :thup:

:devil:

That bandit Taylor has been reading my posts.;)

i don't think i need to give my view on this one as it is what i have been saying for years. Oh yeh we should remember Brave Barry is fighting on with an injury. Is he not?:rolleyes:

Frankie how can Mendes play good football with Fergie,Davis and McCulloch on the same line or behind him and only Kenny Miller in a forward position to pass to.

I have always said give Rangers a good player and we will ruin him. Smith is better than most at doing it.

Smith and has tactics have destroyed just about everyone in the squad. no one plays or looks confident anymore.

god help Fleck and Aaron.

No surprises to read an article like this from Traynor. He's been going on - like the trained parrot he is - about how over-rated Ferguson is for years. Every other week on his phone-in, he manages to squeeze in a comment or two on the subject.

That said, it's becoming increasingly difficult to disagree with him. There's no denying that Ferguson is a mere shadow of his former self. None of us would be bothered by Barry moaning and barking his way through 90 minutes, if he was reaching anywhere near the sort of form he showed prior to his move down south. He was a massive influence on the team back then and I suppose he still is. The problem is that a lot of the positive influence has turned negative. Since returning to Rangers, Ferguson has only shown brief glimpses of the player we all loved. Much of that can be put down to playing through injury, but that in itself has gone a long way towards our failures in recent years.

Should he be dropped? I can definitely see the potential benefits, although the risk of dressing room rifts as a result of such a move is one cause for concern. You can be sure that Barry wouldn't be a happy chap.

Do I think he WILL be benched? No. Only injury or transfer will see Ferguson drop out of the picture. With that in mind, I really hope that at least between now and the end of the season, Barry can reach top form and lift the SPL trophy - or get's injured and we do it without him. Either one will do for me.

The worst thing is that with every game the lad plays in the team, it is further chance for any interested parties (if they even exist) to see just how ineffective he has become.

Viola should be offering him to Arabian/North American sides where he can semi-retire without taking circa �£25K per week from us.