Our best midfielders this season have been Edu & Thomson. Says a lot for the rest that neither of them played a half season.....

Our midfield lacks creativity across the board - whether it be BF, Mendes, Davis, Edu, Thomson etc etc. Therein lies our problem, we have no creativity. I hoped Mendes would be the answer but he saunters through games with little effort and he seems the same type of player as BF (so hy spunk 3 mill on him in the first place ?).

Our midfield is very poor - and yet we spent a TON of money on it last summer.

I sort of agree with you Craig, but for me BF is still our best midfield player, even though he has never reproduced his best form............excuse me a minute while I go and get my hard hat on :whistle:

I sort of agree with you Craig, but for me BF is still our best midfield player, even though he has never reproduced his best form............excuse me a minute while I go and get my hard hat on :whistle:

A hat's no use mate, you need a BUNKER.

I would say that Fergie's absence has proved one thing; that he is not really missed.

And I say that as someone who defended him long after many had written him off.

Sad but true.

A hat's no use mate, you need a BUNKER.

I would say that Fergie's absence has proved one thing; that he is not really missed.

And I say that as someone who defended him long after many had written him off.

Sad but true.

As I said, I am not defending BF, I just laugh when I hear everybody praise Mendes & Davis so much, the truth is they are decent players but I would not like to depend on these two to win us much when the going gets tough

We used to have a machine gun smiley.:)

My OP may have been a bit strong probably due to the dissapointment/anger built up ion me at the time but I stand by pretty much all of what I said.

Mendes flatters to deceive.

He offers very little and has not kicked a ball since KT got injured.

He has had such an easy ride from the fans this season it's unbelievable.

He has played to his full potential once and has lived off the back of it ever since.

I would rather he did not play for us again as Davis has and will offer far more for the remaining 3 games and for the future.

I actually dont doubt that BF is our best midfield player. Telling us that he is our best midfielder is one thing but unless he shows it in his play then he isnt and, this season at least, he hasnt shown where it matters, on the pitch. Yes, he is our best midfielder BUT.... and it is a big BUT.... you are only as good as your last game.

I wouldn't say that BF has been our worst midfielder this season but he certainly hasnt been our best either. The only way to PROVE you are the best is to play like it.

BF hasnt dominated any game that I can recall this season so, despite the obvious ability, surely he too hasnt performed to the required standard ?

Do I think he deserved as much abuse as he gets ? No. Does he get more abuse relatively than the often unscathed Mendes and Davis ? Yes. Has he shown himself to be our best midfielder this season ? Not in my opinion.

I actually dont doubt that BF is our best midfield player. Telling us that he is our best midfielder is one thing but unless he shows it in his play then he isnt and, this season at least, he hasnt shown where it matters, on the pitch. Yes, he is our best midfielder BUT.... and it is a big BUT.... you are only as good as your last game.

I wouldn't say that BF has been our worst midfielder this season but he certainly hasnt been our best either. The only way to PROVE you are the best is to play like it.

BF hasnt dominated any game that I can recall this season so, despite the obvious ability, surely he too hasnt performed to the required standard ?

Do I think he deserved as much abuse as he gets ? No. Does he get more abuse relatively than the often unscathed Mendes and Davis ? Yes. Has he shown himself to be our best midfielder this season ? Not in my opinion.

Ok, all I'm trying to say is BF is not has not been our worst midfield player this season, I lost count of the amount of times Mendes was sitting on the CH toes to take the ball of them only to play a sideways pass, sound familiar ?

Ok, all I'm trying to say is BF is not has not been our worst midfield player this season, I lost count of the amount of times Mendes was sitting on the CH toes to take the ball of them only to play a sideways pass, sound familiar ?

I agree Ian, I know what you are getting at. Your argument is quite simple.

BF gets far more abuse than Mendes and Davis, yet he hasnt played any worse (in fact BF has been more effective than both for the most part) than those two players.

I agree with that.

I agree Ian, I know what you are getting at. Your argument is quite simple.

BF gets far more abuse than Mendes and Davis, yet he hasnt played any worse (in fact BF has been more effective than both for the most part) than those two players.

I agree with that.

'' My argument is quite simple ''................just like me :)