'' My argument is quite simple ''................just like me :)

LOL, I hesitated posting it when I read it as I thought it would be taken that way.... if the cap fits my man ;)

Ferguson WAS our best midfield but isnt now. The problem with him was he also WAS the midfield and didnt allow others in the game sometimes. Since going out the team we have 3 midfielders again.

Harsh on Mendes though, he wasnt that bad. He was involved more 2nd half when we switched to 4-3-3 and just had a bit of difficulty picking a final ball out in a packed Hibs defence. Ive said for months we should play 4-3-3 with Mendes, Edu and Davis in the centre then Pedro will get on the ball and be creative.

I hoped Mendes would be the answer but he saunters through games with little effort and he seems the same type of player as BF (so hy spunk 3 mill on him in the first place ?).

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

As I said, I am not defending BF, I just laugh when I hear everybody praise Mendes & Davis so much, the truth is they are decent players but I would not like to depend on these two to win us much when the going gets tough

So why where Mendes and Davis in the shortlist for POTY? Whoever votes for that award must've seen something during the season.

Only joking, the awards were a fuck up.

My OP may have been a bit strong probably due to the dissapointment/anger built up ion me at the time but I stand by pretty much all of what I said.

Mendes flatters to deceive.

He offers very little and has not kicked a ball since KT got injured.

He has had such an easy ride from the fans this season it's unbelievable.

He has played to his full potential once and has lived off the back of it ever since.

I would rather he did not play for us again as Davis has and will offer far more for the remaining 3 games and for the future.

Only problem is is you move Davis in to his (true) position, it leaves a gap on the right that no one - not even Nacho - can fill adequately.:(

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

But why buy a player who is exactly the same type of player you already have ?

Pre-season BF was injured, fine. But we knew he would be back at some point. At that time it was never anticipated that we would look to move him on.

So WS felt then that BF and Mendes would work well together ? Given they are the same type of player ? And when we really didn't have the money to spend we spewed 3 mill on him ?

Hindsight may be a wonderful thing but no-one needs to use hindsight to see that WS' signing policy pre-season was a shambles.

Did I want us to sign Mendes ? Yes. Has he impressed ? Not at all.

But why buy a player who is exactly the same type of player you already have ?

Pre-season BF was injured, fine. But we knew he would be back at some point. At that time it was never anticipated that we would look to move him on.

So WS felt then that BF and Mendes would work well together ? Given they are the same type of player ? And when we really didn't have the money to spend we spewed 3 mill on him ?

Hindsight may be a wonderful thing but no-one needs to use hindsight to see that WS' signing policy pre-season was a shambles.

Did I want us to sign Mendes ? Yes. Has he impressed ? Not at all.

Im not understanding where you're getting this 'Mendes are Ferguson are the same type of player'. Mendes passes the ball forward. There's a big difference!

Im not understanding where you're getting this 'Mendes are Ferguson are the same type of player'. Mendes passes the ball forward. There's a big difference!

Here in lies the myth of both players.

That Ferguson only passes sideways/ backwards and Mendes plays forward defence splitting passes.

Ferguson passes forwards as much if not more than Mendes. (Still not often enough)

Mendes for the past 6 months has been taking the ball from the Centre Backs toes. moving forward 10 yards then passing wide to a full back or to a wide midfielder. When he does try a forward pass it comes off 1 in 10 times.

He surrenders possesion far more than Ferguson ever did and for that reason he should be punted. I'm not even going to start on the flicks with the outside of the right boot that hardly ever come off.

As I've said Davis and Edu in the middle for me.

I know this leaves us with a place wide right to fill as Davis is played there due to us having little alternatives.

For the last few games of the season I would go with Whittaker Right Mid (he looks the most creative player we have just now) and one of Fleck/ Beasley/ Miller if Fit at wide left.

Leaving Dailly at RB and Papac if fit or Smith at Left back.

We need to score a barrowload over the next 2 games and I think that team could provide plenty of chances for a Lafferty/Boyd Partnership.

In the summer sell Mendes and Ferguson and try to find a real Right Mid so we can have a middle 2 from 3 of KT/Edu/ Davis in the middle.

Following on from Townhead's post re: Mendes.

Was I the only one screaming at the tv to stop chipping balls square across the pitch from the middle of the field to Dailly. Davis lacked discipline last night and did not hold his position on the right. Dailly never had an outball forward and we resorted to pointless crosses from about 40 yards out.

We;ve done that a lot over the last few games. Having Dailly hit crosses when we're not even level with the edge of the box. They're easily defended and a complete waste.