I remember Shota blessed himself at least 3 times on his debut for Rangers. Once when he came on as a sub and once again for each of his 2 goals. Dont remember anyone making a fuss then but agree that it's the kind of double standards, narrow minded, petty nonsense thats likely to continue for a good long while.

he's getting done with incitement.

Your right we should be above this and not be bothered but the reason the police got so many complaints was the way boruc conducted himself that whole game.

He glared at the copland for a good ten or so seconds just waiting for everyone to look at him- then blessed himself when he knew everyone was looking. That and the fact he KEPT time wasting as well that game (i'm sure he was booked) meant that his actions really could have caused trouble.

Rino, time-wasting is a football offence, and if he was booked for it then that is dealt with - there is absolutely no call for the police or the fisacl to take that into consideration.

As for the blessing, ok it may have been daft to do it infront of the Copland, but we have had Gers players blessing themselves, European clubs coming over and players blessing themselves and we should allow Celtic players to do the same. We don't have to embrace th Catholic religion, we don't even have to like it and I don't, but that's a discussion for another time. But we shoud be able to allow a man of that faith to express his religion in a way that is not about hate or bile or bigotry and allow him to do something that he has probably done at the start of every second half for his entire career.

The issue of '****** blood', IRA chanting etc etc is completly removed from this as far as I can see.

This one's a curious affair really.

On one hand you have Boruc clearly endeavouring to incite and cause trouble because he obviously knows the religious background of the OF fixture, and then proceeding not only to antagonise the Rangers fans but to disrespect his own religion in such a crass and foolish manner by using it to point score.

On the other you have the point that we should have moved on from being offended by a religious gesture - hundreds of players, thousands in fact do it around the world and it's no big deal. It certainly isn't to me, and are those who condemn Boruc and who expect him to be punished also looking at the catholic Rangers players who do it as well and expect them to be punished also?

I do think Boruc has bigoted tendencies in him though, and he may well cause trouble in future Celtic games for various reasons.

The late Cardinal Winning stated that anyone whom blessed themselves in such manner was prostituting their religion - never agreed with much of what that man had to say, but hard to argue with him on this matter.

Cammy F

Guest Big_Gazza_Mc

Alright guys kinda new poster here...

I remember this like it was yesterday as i sit directly behind the copland goal row B and was virtually eyeballing Boruc as he done it. I and everyone round about me (i assume) have noticed other players blessing themselves and not even paid it any attention as it deserves none as we are not that small minded. However, the MANNER in which Boruc done it is what has landed him in hot water and annoyed so many people. He ran out the tunner after halftime straight to the back of the goal eyeballing everyone behind the goal (most keepers keep their heads down) and was smiling as he done so. This carried on for a good 10-20 seconds as was previously mentioned. Then he blessed himself and blew a kiss to the fans behind the goal. Never have i seen a more inciteful incident since the Gazza "flute" gesture at parkhead (although he didn't know the significance of what he was doing). If this has been Fernando Ricksen at Parkhead with a flute gesture you can be guaranteed we would have heard a lot more about it by now and some kind of severe punishment would be issued (and rightly so). So for this reason alone Boruc should be severly punished for his actions which were inciteful to the Rangers fans and sectarian (in the manner in which they were meant by Boruc)

Basically its not the incident, its the manner and meaning behind the incident which should see him punished for those of you who cant be bothered reading the above :sleep: lol

Anno it goes on a bit but i have been talking about this since it happened and couldn't believe he had got away with it so im a bit excited about all this...sad i know:sigh: :o

Alright guys kinda new poster here...

I remember this like it was yesterday as i sit directly behind the copland goal row B and was virtually eyeballing Boruc as he done it. I and everyone round about me (i assume) have noticed other players blessing themselves and not even paid it any attention as it deserves none as we are not that small minded. However, the MANNER in which Boruc done it is what has landed him in hot water and annoyed so many people. He ran out the tunner after halftime straight to the back of the goal eyeballing everyone behind the goal (most keepers keep their heads down) and was smiling as he done so. This carried on for a good 10-20 seconds as was previously mentioned. Then he blessed himself and blew a kiss to the fans behind the goal. Never have i seen a more inciteful incident since the Gazza "flute" gesture at parkhead (although he didn't know the significance of what he was doing). If this has been Fernando Ricksen at Parkhead with a flute gesture you can be guaranteed we would have heard a lot more about it by now and some kind of severe punishment would be issued (and rightly so). So for this reason alone Boruc should be severly punished for his actions which were inciteful to the Rangers fans and sectarian (in the manner in which they were meant by Boruc)

Basically its not the incident, its the manner and meaning behind the incident which should see him punished for those of you who cant be bothered reading the above :sleep: lol

Anno it goes on a bit but i have been talking about this since it happened and couldn't believe he had got away with it so im a bit excited about all this...sad i know:sigh: :o

not sad mate

you have seen this happen directly in front of you and if that was me i would have went of my nut

i