Tomorrow has Hearts v AEK Athens

The Jam Tarts have started the season well with 3 wins out of 4, winning two difficult games at "home". Do you think they can continue the good work with a decent result against the Greeks at what should be a half filled Murrayfield?

I think that the result against Celtic will have given them a great lift and a boost in self belief which could raise their game against a side which are only just recently recovering from debt problems and a decade of decline. I'm think they have a good chance of at least a narrow win but will have to be careful about losing a crucial away goal.

Thursday has Gretna v Derry at Fir Park.

Whatever the fourth Scottish representative in Europe, the traditional result is an ignominious early exit from what would normally be considered a complete minnow from a footballing backwater. Do you think Gretna will be another name added to the list of shame, or do you thing the 1st division new boys will carry the great spirit and determination with no lack of skill, that they used to narrowly lose the Scottish cup on penalties, into their first European experience with the Irish 3rd placed team?

Derry created a shock to get to this stage of the competition by beating former conquerors of Rangers, IFK Gothenburg 1-0, both home and away. So it's fair to say they won't be coming as cannon fodder to the team who opened this season's account with a 6-0 thrashing of last years third placed team, Hamilton Accies.

I think the way they are going they'll be the team to break the mould and actually give us a bit of a novelty European run although it will be very hard fought.

Tomorrow has Hearts v AEK Athens

The Jam Tarts have started the season well with 3 wins out of 4, winning two difficult games at "home". Do you think they can continue the good work with a decent result against the Greeks at what should be a half filled Murrayfield?

I think that the result against Celtic will have given them a great lift and a boost in self belief which could raise their game against a side which are only just recently recovering from debt problems and a decade of decline. I'm think they have a good chance of at least a narrow win but will have to be careful about losing a crucial away goal.

I think they're going be fairly convincingly beaten. The 3rd best team in Greece will be absolutely no pushovers and too many folk seem to think Hertz have a real chance of making the group stage. Well, if they do, I for one will applaud them because I'll be bloody amazed if they can win either leg.

Thursday has Gretna v Derry at Fir Park.

Whatever the fourth Scottish representative in Europe, the traditional result is an ignominious early exit from what would normally be considered a complete minnow from a footballing backwater. Do you think Gretna will be another name added to the list of shame, or do you thing the 1st division new boys will carry the great spirit and determination with no lack of skill, that they used to narrowly lose the Scottish cup on penalties, into their first European experience with the Irish 3rd placed team?

Derry created a shock to get to this stage of the competition by beating former conquerors of Rangers, IFK Gothenburg 1-0, both home and away. So it's fair to say they won't be coming as cannon fodder to the team who opened this season's account with a 6-0 thrashing of last years third placed team, Hamilton Accies.

I think the way they are going they'll be the team to break the mould and actually give us a bit of a novelty European run although it will be very hard fought.

I think Gretna are capable of pulling off a real shock. Their spirit and determination is superb and they've really captured our imagination. They seem to be well organised and with plenty of former SPL players in their ranks they're definitely well prepared for this.

As much as i hate hearts i want them to do well and as for gretna, last time i seen a we side beat a big club was a few years ago when raith rovers beat byern muchin, sooooooo com on the gretna.

When it comes to us if we can't get our defence and striker's scoring problem fixed, say good night vienna.

Ive got a good feeling for Hearts and think if they get a good crowd with a good atmosphere they can pull it off. They will need to win by 2 goals and keep a clean sheet as going away to Greece will be difficult. They will need the best performance possible, but i think they can do it.

Good luck Hearts I'll be supporting you! :thup: BTW during the Hearts v Celtic game on sunday i was thinking how much the SPL dont think if there teams in europe. Why give Hearts a game against Celtic on a sunday just as they are going for the CL??? They should have had a saturday home game with less hype.

I think Gretna will win against Derry, they are on fire just now!

Ive got a good feeling for Hearts and think if they get a good crowd with a good atmosphere they can pull it off. They will need to win by 2 goals and keep a clean sheet as going away to Greece will be difficult. They will need the best performance possible, but i think they can do it.

Good luck Hearts I'll be supporting you! :thup: BTW during the Hearts v Celtic game on sunday i was thinking how much the SPL dont think if there teams in europe. Why give Hearts a game against Celtic on a sunday just as they are going for the CL??? They should have had a saturday home game with less hype.

I think Gretna will win against Derry, they are on fire just now!

cant get my head round this either

in crance they let lyon play there games on a friday night so they can prepare for the champs league game

Guest grovecot
Any team with that hopeless bastard emerson cant be that good...so good luck Hearts!

I was amused to hear Emerson booed by the Hertz fans tonight. They obviously don't realise that most Rangers fans were booing him too!

Hards lines to Hearts though - but for much of the game they were crap.

Fuck hearts ..... ever since that tit Romanov took over all we have heard are his constant attacks on the OF, so fuck them, i was pleased to see them lose that late goal

I look forward to a packed stadium singing 'Champions league, yer having a laugh' to these tits in a few weeks :D

Giruy Hearts. Can't stand that shower. Heart Breaking stuff at the end - haha brilliant. I know it means the Dhims get all the money, but nowadays I hate Hearts as much as them. New manager for Hearts in a couple of months?(after a defeat at Ibrox hopefully) Champions League their having a laugh