Predict the Rangers PotY for Season 09/10

I never said he was but he's the best goalscorer we have and had for years.

He deserves a chance in europe. If he never plays how can he keep getting judged?

He doesn't play because WS prefers the 4-5-1 formation in europe and at Parkhead and we all know Boyd is utter gash at playing the lone striker role.

He doesn't play because WS prefers the 4-5-1 formation in europe and at Parkhead and we all know Boyd is utter gash at playing the lone striker role.

I agree he can't play the lone role but it doesn't mean he would never score at that level if we played tatics that would suit him.

I agree he can't play the lone role but it doesn't mean he would never score at that level if we played tatics that would suit him.

Yip, I agree but WS won't change his tactics to suit Boyd.

Dalglish, McCoist and Boyd! No way on this earth can you compare those 3! Dalglish was the first Scottish player to hit 100 caps yet Boyd went in the sulk when he was last in the Scottish squad! Imagine Coisty or Dalglish going in the sulk? McCoist was nicknamed the Judge in 1990 when he was on the bench behind Johnston and hateley yet he what did he do - stuck with it and fought back to bang in another 100 goals in the next few years!

Somehow I KNEW you would pick up on that part of my post and make an attempt at thinking I was comparing them as players. I wasnt.

It was a fact that his ratio is better than theirs. It wasnt a comparison on them as players.

Sorry Gribz but stats are stats and Boyd's goals to games ratio is far better than either.

That is not to say I am comparing them as players. Boyd will NEVER be as good as either, of that I am sure.

But what is interesting is that Barry (bmck) made a very good suggestion which is to look at Boyd's contribution at international level.... and Boyd's stats stand up to scrutiny, which suggests he CAN score at that level and, with his ratio, would suggest that he has performed at that level too - when given a chance.

As for Boyd taking a sulk personally I can see why he did it. Whether you believe them or not, in his own words he said that he wasnt going to get a chance under Burley so he was taking up a squad spot that someone else could take who may have a chance at playing.

Given he was left on the bench and Fletcher (yet another poor man's Boyd - never scored 20 in a season and also not that good at contributing to the team) and Iwelumo (who, quite simply, is not a very good player at all) got the nod ahead of Boyd it is easy to see why he felt he wouldnt get a chance under Burley.

Asides, just what relevance does Boyd turning his back on Scotland have to the debate we are having ?

Gav, I think the point johnny is trying to make is that Boyd doesnt get to play in those games yet some fans still feel that he should be judged as not being good enough in those games.

If he doesnt play in those games then he isnt good enough - is that really a fair judgement ?

He needs games against those teams before he can be judged. He has hardly played in Europe for us at all yet some fans give us "Boyd isnt good enough for Europe" - FFS, at least let the guy have some PLAYING time before making that judgement !

Somehow I KNEW you would pick up on that part of my post and make an attempt at thinking I was comparing them as players. I wasnt.

LOL Someone has to pick your faults out :)

Sorry Gribz but stats are stats and Boyd's goals to games ratio is far better than either.

Stats are stats but facts are facts. If a player scores on his debut his stats are 100% 1 out of 1 but it doesnt make him a player.

But what is interesting is that Barry (bmck) made a very good suggestion which is to look at Boyd's contribution at international level.... and Boyd's stats stand up to scrutiny, which suggests he CAN score at that level and, with his ratio, would suggest that he has performed at that level too - when given a chance.

International level?? Just because he is playing in a game against Malta doesnt make him international level. International level doesnt necessarily mean your a good player. San Marino are international yet Stenhousemuir could probably beat them.

As for Boyd taking a sulk personally I can see why he did it. Whether you believe them or not, in his own words he said that he wasnt going to get a chance under Burley so he was taking up a squad spot that someone else could take who may have a chance at playing.

I can see why he was annoyed but to quit the national team because he didnt get a game is childish and amatuer. Obviously shows he doesnt have the class or dignity McCoist or dalglish had. A bigger man would have faught back by doing his talking on the pitch and proved the manager wrong.

I put those stats in to prove just how predictable you are Gribz :thup:

But it wasnt 1 goal in 1 game. It was 7 in 15. And I agree that he would have needed to play as many games as McCoist to be compared at international level - but he was on his way to getting there.

So Dalglish's and McCoist's international goals should be discounted too as they would also have scored against inferior international teams ?

How does he fight back when Burley made it painfully clear that he was behind Fletcher and Iwelumo ? In Iwelumo's instance he hadnt played for his club for a month due to injury (and Burley states that the reason Boyd didnt play was because he wasnt playing for Rangers....) ?

If he isnt being selected he cant fight back. If he was working in training but not being selected what else can he do ?

Either way, Boyd turning his back on Scotland is nothing to do with how good (or bad) a player he is.

Gav, I think the point johnny is trying to make is that Boyd doesnt get to play in those games yet some fans still feel that he should be judged as not being good enough in those games.

If he doesnt play in those games then he isnt good enough - is that really a fair judgement ?

He needs games against those teams before he can be judged. He has hardly played in Europe for us at all yet some fans give us "Boyd isnt good enough for Europe" - FFS, at least let the guy have some PLAYING time before making that judgement !

Boyd has played games against Celtic and in Europe, not many I'll give you that but in those games he hasn't given WS or the fans any indication that he's good enough to play the role

Boyd has played games against Celtic and in Europe, not many I'll give you that but in those games he hasn't given WS or the fans any indication that he's good enough to play the role

Livorno he was quality.

SCored against Celtic.

Might be moe quiet games than good ones but he has given an indication he can do it.

but as you've mentioned before in most of those games the tatics are not really set up for him, so again I think it's harsh judging him on these small amount of games.........