Predict the Rangers PotY for Season 09/10

1 too many! and he had more than 1. Cant you remember the games he was subbed as he hadnt even touched the ball!

Boyd is SPL level striker and he will never be anymore! Great for falkirk at home but shouldnt be near the team for Celtic or CL games.

But as someone said, who else do we have that will provide the goals ?

Miller ? Often couldnt hit a co in the arse with a banjo.

Novo ? See Miller

Velicka ? Maybe, but still a poor man's Boyd

Lafferty ? Possibly.

Given the goals Boyd DOES get he deserves a chance against these other teams.

His game is improving and his contribution is too - plus he will always be a goal threat.

To be honest I wouldn't think there are as many as 10 candidates.

It's got to be one of the following:-

McGregor, Weir, Bougherra, Papac, Whittaker, Thomson, Mendes, Davis, Boyd & Lafferty.

Outwith those 10, you've got players that will play their part, but I'd be surprised if any of them did enough to win POTY.

Bougherra gets my vote :thup:

Surprised you have shagger in there - I think he will struggle to get a jersey all season.

whats boyds goalscoring record at international level like? that might be a good indicator of whether he is likely to score at "that level", as there are almost no diddy international sides, even if most arent as good as the highest in europe.

7 goals in 15 games Barry. Just not good enough "at that level"......

Better ratio than Dalglish and McCoist I believe.

It's also worth noting that out of those 7 international goals Boyd scored, only 2 of them were against what could be classed as a very poor team - the Faroe Islands. The other 5 goals were against teams that were no push over by any means for our Scotland squad. Another interesting stat is that within scoring the 7-in-15, is that he was actually on 5 goals in 6 games at one point.

Something else that's worth consideration in my opinion is that Boyd has been branded as a player who supposedly 'can't play the lone striker' role, can't hold up the ball with his back to goal & all the other drivel that gets foamed about him, but in actual fact he CAN indeed do these things. His game's by no means perfect, as he does still have a few areas for improvement, but he CAN play the lone striker role & can do it very effectively if the rest of his team is playing an intelligent passing game & not just punting the ball up the park in the direction of the lone striker (DW & SP in defense are the main culprits of this, although Papac isn't as bad as Weir in this regard). Boyd as the center forward with some of the other good attacking players we have playing an intelligent game is a force that can & will tear apart some top quality defenses & anyone that doesn't think so is not thinking straight. You just don't leave out your best scoring talent, it's literally that simple, but no doubt the same people who would leave Boyd out of the Rangers squad for big games agree with George Burley that Boyd still has to prove himself & until then strikers with significantly less scoring prowess shall make the starting & preferred substitute striker line up before Boyd. There's some seriously twisted logic at play, that much is certain.

Dalglish, McCoist and Boyd! No way on this earth can you compare those 3! Dalglish was the first Scottish player to hit 100 caps yet Boyd went in the sulk when he was last in the Scottish squad! Imagine Coisty or Dalglish going in the sulk? McCoist was nicknamed the Judge in 1990 when he was on the bench behind Johnston and hateley yet he what did he do - stuck with it and fought back to bang in another 100 goals in the next few years!

Dalglish, McCoist and Boyd! No way on this earth can you compare those 3! Dalglish was the first Scottish player to hit 100 caps yet Boyd went in the sulk when he was last in the Scottish squad! Imagine Coisty or Dalglish going in the sulk? McCoist was nicknamed the Judge in 1990 when he was on the bench behind Johnston and hateley yet he what did he do - stuck with it and fought back to bang in another 100 goals in the next few years!

You can't compare players personalities in relation to them not being happy about not getting a game Gribz. Some of the best players in the world are moody & aren't at all amused at not getting a game ahead of others. Many great players are also not happy about being taken off the park (for various reasons, but normally in a strikers case, because he hasn't scored & passionately wants to do just that) but that doesn't make them less of a player. Loads of Bears rattle on about Cousin being a far better player than Boyd, but if personalities were taken into account, you'd have to say that Cousin was a good player who unfortunately had a predominant talent for getting into trouble when he should have known better. Lets be honest, we were a good attacking option down in our only European final in decades purely because of Cousin's misconduct.

Surprised you have shagger in there - I think he will struggle to get a jersey all season.

You might be right, but then in my opinion the 'ability' to win Rangers POTY is what separates McGregor & Alexander. If Alexander played to the best of his ability for a whole season, it would be acknowledged that he had a good season, but much like Kirk Broadfoot (for instance :P) he won't be winning any POTY awards. He's a decent player, but not 'that' good.

McGregor on top form is another story, especially when we're playing in Europe against a higher standard of opposition and an outstanding performance from the keeper is always appreciated.

how many games has he had against them and in europe........who else do we have that can score against the bigger teams on a regular basis?

He doesn't get picked in the CL games games against Celtic for a reason.

I like Boyd, we need his goals but he's certainly not a messiah.

He doesn't get picked in the CL games games against Celtic for a reason.

I like Boyd, we need his goals but he's certainly not a messiah.

I never said he was but he's the best goalscorer we have and had for years.

He deserves a chance in europe. If he never plays how can he keep getting judged?