Predict the Rangers PotY for Season 09/10

Guest webby

Kevin Thomson. For me was best player for first half of last season till injured hopefully he can get back to that form early and keeps it goinig all season.

Boyd wont win it.

To me POTY means the player who has made the greatest contribution to the team over the season. With Boyd's goals you and even assists last year you could reasonably say that he made the greatest contribution last year.

However I think most people, when they think of POTY, think it must be the most skillful/silky player in the team. That's why a player who shows glimpses of quality in several small flashes throughout the year will get it over a guy who is a consistent 7/10 all year. Look at Bougherra missing out last year. Not even nominated by the SPFA or the football writers (1 bad game all year and a few excellent performances, but defenders aren't as flashy as attackers). :confused:

For the reasons above Boyd will never get a players award, at the club or within the league. If he was going to he would have won one by now.

I'll plump for Davis. Though there are several other good contenders including Thomson, Mendes and Bougherra if we keep him.

I've got to go for Mendes. My reasons are that I can't see Thomson staying free of injury all season & I'm not entirely confident that Bougie will still be here on the 1st of September. So, it's Mendes for me & if he doesn't get it, I'd say it could well be Davis.

I'm going for Lafferty, on the proviso that Smith plays him consistently up front.

Im going for Lafferty also for the same reasons. Must be played upfront.

Bougherra is the obvious choice but it would be nice to have a POTY being a striker for the first time in 5 years.

State the obvious mate :flipa::)

:box:

I was responding to previous posters suggestions.

It's clear Boyd's contribution isn't appreciated. He could score a hat trick in each Old Firm game and he's still struggle to get a nomination.