Predict the Rangers PotY for Season 09/10

:box:

I was responding to previous posters suggestions.

It's clear Boyd's contribution isn't appreciated. He could score a hat trick in each Old Firm game and he's still struggle to get a nomination.

If Boyd got a goal in an OF game id be the first to jump, never mind a hat trick! But he cant get a sniff of the ball.

Accept he cant play at that level!

If Boyd got a goal in an OF game id be the first to jump, never mind a hat trick! But he cant get a sniff of the ball.

Accept he cant play at that level!

That left foot strike past Boruc must be a figment of my imagination. :box:

It's almost as if you are desperate for him not to succeed at "that level".

He's missed two good chances "at that level" but really hasn't had a fair go. I don't think it's been decided either way if Boyd can play at that level. The top of the European game may be beyond him Celtic, I think, are certainly not.

That left foot strike past Boruc must be a figment of my imagination. :box:

It's almost as if you are desperate for him not to succeed at "that level".

He's missed two good chances "at that level" but really hasn't had a fair go. I don't think it's been decided either way if Boyd can play at that level. The top of the European game may be beyond him Celtic, I think, are certainly not.

No your wrong! He has proved on many occassion that he cant succeed at that level! Im not making this up - the proof is in the pudding - he has PERFORMED informed of us in these games and been a waste of a jersey! End of topic! If he comes back next season and rises to another level then il be the first to applaud him the same way as i thought he did well raising his game to decent level last season.

No your wrong! He has proved on many occassion that he cant succeed at that level! Im not making this up - the proof is in the pudding - he has PERFORMED informed of us in these games and been a waste of a jersey! End of topic! If he comes back next season and rises to another level then il be the first to applaud him the same way as i thought he did well raising his game to decent level last season.

how many games has he had against them and in europe........who else do we have that can score against the bigger teams on a regular basis?

I hate getting involved in Boyd arguements(i'm going too though!) but the bottom line is without him we wouldn't have won the Title back last season and we have far mor chance of defending it with him in the team than without him

how many games has he had against them and in europe........who else do we have that can score against the bigger teams on a regular basis?

1 too many! and he had more than 1. Cant you remember the games he was subbed as he hadnt even touched the ball!

Boyd is SPL level striker and he will never be anymore! Great for falkirk at home but shouldnt be near the team for Celtic or CL games.

1 too many! and he had more than 1. Cant you remember the games he was subbed as he hadnt even touched the ball!

Boyd is SPL level striker and he will never be anymore! Great for falkirk at home but shouldnt be near the team for Celtic or CL games.

change the record please...........you came up with he was crap as his goals didn't win us any leagues, now they have this is another excuse from you.......:sleep:

how can you expect someone to score goals when they hardly play against teams is beyond me.......

i'm away back to the homebrew in the sun here.......need to take these monents while we can.......:drink:

I was going to but there are probably too many choices for that - polls are limited to 10.

To be honest I wouldn't think there are as many as 10 candidates.

It's got to be one of the following:-

McGregor, Weir, Bougherra, Papac, Whittaker, Thomson, Mendes, Davis, Boyd & Lafferty.

Outwith those 10, you've got players that will play their part, but I'd be surprised if any of them did enough to win POTY.

Bougherra gets my vote :thup:

whats boyds goalscoring record at international level like? that might be a good indicator of whether he is likely to score at "that level", as there are almost no diddy international sides, even if most arent as good as the highest in europe.

Just how many games has he had against European opposition or Celtic ?

I think you will find it is fewer than you imagine.

The reality Gribz is that he HAS NOT been given a fair enough chance against these teams. He has rarely played in Europe and hasnt had many games against Celtic either.