The Last Day Rumours, Departures & Signings

But he will get paid far more than he was at Rangers :thup:

Like it or not, to some players it is about the money and not the winning of trophies.

Exactly, hence the term mercenary.

While Bougherra will not be a Rangers player beyond next summer at the latest, he seems to have a bit more about him and I'd suggest he will leave with better wishes from the support than Cuellar did.

Cuellar was nothing more than a mercenary. He'd just played in a UEFA Cup Final and he immediately jumped ship to the first middle-of-the-road English club that came in for him, a club where incidentally he is going to win knob-all.

That's the club's story. Depends on whether you believe the club or not. Personally I don't. I reckon he was pushed.

If he didn't go then there was no Davis, Mendes or Edu, as we didn't have the cash for them.

They got grief for pushing hutton out the door, and this time the got Cuellar to agree to a story that he wanted to leave.

If Cuellar was that keen to leave why did he go up to Falkirk and watch our game there.

It just doesn't add up.

Can you imagine a CB pairing of Cuellar and Bougherra ? That would have been formidable IMO.

However, it would have left us with a midfield of McCulloch and Thomson with AN Other playing wide right. Oh well..

Can you imagine a CB pairing of Cuellar and Bougherra ? That would have been formidable IMO.

However, it would have left us with a midfield of McCulloch and Thomson with AN Other playing wide right. Oh well..

Dailly. :(

That's why Cuellar had to go.

I am inclined to agree with you BD. The whole Cuellar episode just reeked from top to bottom. We were being told he would be fit for one game, didnt play and then apparently still wasnt fit for the Kaunas return leg. If close to fitness on the Saturday surely he would have been ready for the following Wednesday.

Cuellar didn't seem to be doing the things you would expect of someone looking to exit the club.

I have far more suspicion of the club's board than I have/had for Cuellar.

Water under the bridge though.

Re Bougherra he has been making all the right soundbites so probably will go on better terms than Cuellar did - however, as he hasn't left yet we have yet to see what the official line becomes when he inevitably does leave.

There is no saying that the club wont create a story about Bougherra wanting to do a "Cuellar". Cuellar seemed very happy at the club prior to leaving. Bougherra seems similarly happy. Lets see what happens when the club get a big offer for Bougherra.