The Last Day Rumours, Departures & Signings

I thought Cuellar had a 7m release clause, a la FM, so whether the club liked it or not there was hee-haw they could have done?

There seemed to be denials from the club and then there was "confirmation".

However if it's in FM....... :D

Celtic apparently signing the China captain, Kris P. Duck.

Seriously though, he's a free agent so they can sign him after the window closes.

Again, and I hate to say this, but they have got a gold mine there. The China Captain, on a free.

Flucks sake, I know we are skint but the money to be made from a signing from the Far East would more than compensate.

Again, and I hate to say this, but they have got a gold mine there. The China Captain, on a free.

Flucks sake, I know we are skint but the money to be made from a signing from the Far East would more than compensate.

:D

I assume this post is dripping with sarcasm.

Are you mad?

The streets of Peking are dripping in Charlton shirts, appropriately red. And the South London club have certainly reaped the benefits of their Oriental tie-in, with a steady stream of money, tourist fans and world class players beating a track to their door.

Once again, 'they' have stolen a march on us. Come on, Martin Bain, get your act together!!

There is a lot of money to be made by attracting interest from the far east, especially for the bigger clubs. Outwith merchandising, there are sponsorship and investment opportunities a-plenty, not to mention TV rights.

Unfortunately in our current position, the merchandising would be fruitless (JJB can't even properly service the local market) and we don't have any control over our TV rights, so it's not really worth our while taking part in the gold rush ...Unless we'd like to have Kim Yong-il as our new owner.

There is a lot of money to be made by attracting interest from the far east, especially for the bigger clubs. Outwith merchandising, there are sponsorship and investment opportunities a-plenty, not to mention TV rights.

Is there? :confused:

Any proof?

Or just an opinion?

How much have Celtic made? I've heard there's no evidence in increased revenue on their balance sheets (or whatever the right financial terms are) between before Nakamura and while he was there.

Any proof?

Or just an opinion?

How much have Celtic made? I've heard there's no evidence in increased revenue on their balance sheets (or whatever the right financial terms are) between before Nakamura and while he was there.

I'm like you S-A. I'm far from convinced. We binned that Chinese team quick enough, for example, and they even had an orange strip.

Man Utd will make good money, but they (folk from the far east) don't care about anything other than the EPL.

Any proof?

Or just an opinion?

The biggest clubs in Europe haven't taken such a huge interest in the Asian market over recent years just for the fun of it.

I've no idea how much Celtic have made from it. Probably enough to make the Nakamura signing and Far East friendlies worthwhile, but probably not as much as they were expecting.

One thing worth taking note of is that you don't necessarily have to sign an Asian player to attract interest. Real Madrid probably made more than 100 times the profit we're talking about for Celtic from the Far East, through signing Beckham. Also, unlike Madrid, Celtic can't take advantage of sales of TV rights.

....they (folk from the far east) don't care about anything other than the EPL.

I think you're being a bit harsh on Serie A and La Liga there. Not to mention the Champions League.

PS - I didn't know Scotland was in the far east :P