Agm and club accounts

I thought PLG looked every bit a Rangers manager. It was just the results that let him down.

The man oozed class, dignity and all the qualities we associate with Rangers thanks to Bill Struth.

Shame he didn't appear able to manage East Stirling when it came down to it, i.e. results.

I thought PLG looked every bit a Rangers manager. It was just the results that let him down.

He looked like the new messiah until he opened his mouth and said nothing more than inane drivel. I've never sat so expectantly with such barely suppressed anticipation only to hear empty, meaningless dross. I think the fact he couldn't come close to even talking a good game hastened his fall from grace especially when that coincided with his inability to put talking into walking. His pronunciation of "Raungers" was oh so symbolic of his shambolic lack of understanding of our great club.

The guy may again show himself to be some sort of genius but his football brain was AWOL while the rest of him was sojourning in Govan.

He was our ace that turned into a joker - and they weren't wild.

Walter is more of a jack that has a great chance of winning stuff in Scotland but needs a bit of bluffing and finessing to get somewhere in Europe.

Walter is more of a jack that has a great chance of winning stuff in Scotland but needs a bit of bluffing and finessing to get somewhere in Europe.

And given our financial predicament I would take the "great chance in Scotland" and just hope for bonuses in Europe !

He looked like the new messiah until he opened his mouth and said nothing more than inane drivel. I've never sat so expectantly with such barely suppressed anticipation only to hear empty, meaningless dross. I think the fact he couldn't come close to even talking a good game hastened his fall from grace especially when that coincided with his inability to put talking into walking. His pronunciation of "Raungers" was oh so symbolic of his shambolic lack of understanding of our great club.

Managers often talk empty meaningless dross. It's what they do.

As for criticising a foreigner for his pronounciation of a word? That's pathetic at best.

Edited by Bluedell

Managers often talk empty meaningless dross. It's what they do.

As for criticising a foreigner for his pronounciation of a word? That's pathetic at best.

Y'know, PLG had far too much track record to have been an idiot. And yet his achievement at Rangers was truly pathetic. Despite the endless analysis, I've never really got my head round how it all went so completely wrong for him and to this day I believe there must be something we are unaware of that might help explain that crazy period.

Y'know, PLG had far too much track record to have been an idiot. And yet his achievement at Rangers was truly pathetic. Despite the endless analysis, I've never really got my head round how it all went so completely wrong for him and to this day I believe there must be something we are unaware of that might help explain that crazy period.

Don't you know...........it was all Barry Fergusons fault :)

Watch the Damned United and they may give you an idea.... ;)

When the guy arrived at Ibrox he barely spoke a word of English, so it must have been really tough going right from the outset. I don't have a problem with foreign managers coming in if they're quality is there, but they really need to be able to speak English as well, so that they can communicate well with everyone at the club & most importantly, with the players. Having to use translators to convey his instructions to the players in training & on match days must have been like watching some sort of comedy act for some of the lads.

The second problem imo is the sheer amount of French staff and players that PLG brought in. Practically overnight it went from Eck's balanced mixture of players playing under Scottish coaching staff to little bloody France at Ibrox. Some of the lads must have been saying to one another 'F*ck me, if I wanted to play in f*ckin' France, I'd be playing for a French team, not Glasgow Rangers.'

Those 2 points were the seeds of the problem which developed in my opinion.

At the same time though Shroomz, you would have thought that those same players could have thought "ohhhh, a new manager, new tactics, new philosophy, I think this might be a great change". Seems they didnt.

Anyway, this really neednt be a PLG thread as it is supposed to be about the AGM and financials.