From The Scotsman

Rangers player Maurice Edu accuses fans of racial abuse.

A RANGERS player today accused the club's supporters of racially abusing him after the team suffered a home defeat last night.

In a post on his Twitter account this morning, USA international Maurice Edu said: "Not sure what hurt more: result last nite or being racially abused by couple of r own fans as I'm getting in my car...smh...off to rehab."

The 23-year-old defender is currently recovering from a knee injury and was a spectator as his side lost 4-1 defeat to Romanian side Unirea Urziceni at Ibrox last night.

Edu has made 16 appearances for Rangers since moving to Scotland from Toronto FC for �£2.6million in August 2008.

His english is shite.....unlike mine. :D

Can't help thinking this will turn into a bigger own goal that anything we saw on the park last night. I'd like to hear the details but if it's true, this will be turned against us big style by the likes of Spiers. It's almost beyond belief that Rangers fans could do such a thing.

If we can find out who they are they should be banned for life. It is a disgrace and should not be accepted. Rangers fans need to self Police with this sort of behaviour. It is lower than being a Roman Church attender.

This is not acceptable at any level.

Expect to see this on the evening TV news programmes. "Rangers fans react to Euro thrashing by racially abusing one of their own players". One way or another, the media will use this against us.

What do you expect we have brought it on ourselves by racially abusing our own player.