While this will undoubtedly receive exaggerated coverage given the perpetrators' allegiances, to racially abuse your own player shows all the brainpower of fucking plankton.

Utterly depressing that human beings still think like this, let alone Rangers 'fans'.

Life bans should be dished out here, nothing less.

The curse of the Euroned.

When you see '' fans '' throwing cups,bottles at our players,leaving in droves etc, I'm surprised there wasn't a riot,there was certainly some abuse getting directed at these clowns from our fans, I really wish they would fuck off and never come back,I'd rather see empty seats

I've been thinking about this whole thing and I can't help feeling something isn't quite right. It's just a feeling but somehow I find it hard to believe that Rangers fans, neds or not, would racially abuse Maurice Edu. Could it be that our Maurice is being something of a silly boy here?

I've been thinking about this whole thing and I can't help feeling something isn't quite right. It's just a feeling but somehow I find it hard to believe that Rangers fans, neds or not, would racially abuse Maurice Edu. Could it be that our Maurice is being something of a silly boy here?

Pretty much my thoughts aswell that something isnt right here although didnt think Edu was being silly.

Yep, they released a statement posted above.... :)

I should have said anything further. Like where it happened, the time, was the individual with others. Seems very vague the way it has been worded.

I would also have thought the police would have something to say.

Nope, I'd imagine if they have consulted Strathclyde Police such details will be kept private for now.

I'm assuming this happened as Edu made his way from the Ibrox Suite or main stand to the primary school car park. Not sure if there are any cameras in this area but would think not.

This is disgraceful that it has happened - and I don't think Edu would make it up - even if he seems quite the attention-seeker at times. It's a shame he felt he needed to publicise the issue but if it helps catch the culprits then fair enough.