More than likely, yes. The club would no doubt have looked into the situation, but as embarrassing as it may be, it's better that we as fans know what poor behavior we actually ARE guilty of as opposed to the drivel that's spoken & printed in the media.

Can't argue with that, but just as the team & management are held responsible when they let us down....

True enough...

I feel myself ALMOST adopting the mentality of the Mhanks here....we are hard done too

As if we did'nt have enough to deal with.

I like the guy from what i've saw of him as a player, and we should never lower ourselves to this level, but why the hell does the club not have some kind of control over how players conduct themselves?

And why does Edu feel that this was the best way to come out with such news??

Just like Darren Bent situation - this could have been handled far better through official channels than bloody Twitter......or is it the case that a blind eye would have been turned?

Rangers are a big enough laughing stock at the moment

"How players conduct themselves" ??? You having a giraffe ?

1. Edu was not involved in the game last night.

2. Just how do you expect him to conduct himself ? He was at the game watching his team-mates play (effectively offering support and solidarity).

By being subjected to racial hatred for something that was outwith his control, by his own fans, you think that it is HIM that should conduct himself differently ?

He has EVERY RIGHT to publicise this no matter how much it hurts the reputation of the club or fans.

I cannot fathom how you could question Edu's behaviour - incredible, I am truly shaking my head.

In this instance Rangers are going to be made a laughing stock because of the FANS, and with fans offering up that kind of abuse, it is a GOOD thing that he has publicised it IF we get to the bottom of it and get these cretins removed from Ibrox.

The guy wasnt even playing FFS !

2. Just how do you expect him to conduct himself ? He was at the game watching his team-mates play (effectively offering support and solidarity).

By being subjected to racial hatred for something that was outwith his control, by his own fans, you think that it is HIM that should conduct himself differently ?

He has EVERY RIGHT to publicise this no matter how much it hurts the reputation of the club or fans.

I cannot fathom how you could question Edu's behaviour - incredible, I am truly shaking my head.

In this instance Rangers are going to be made a laughing stock because of the FANS, and with fans offering up that kind of abuse, it is a GOOD thing that he has publicised it IF we get to the bottom of it and get these cretins removed from Ibrox.

To be fair Craig, it's not difficult to make a distinction between two issues here - the abuse that is unforgivable and should not be deliberately swept under any carpets - and the perhaps ill-considered decision by Edu to publicise it on twitter.

The point is that the club will now be condemned from all angles (the club mind you) while the perpetrators will still go scott free. Edu's decision may have been knee-jerk and understandable but it's still possible to see it as poor judgement from another perspective. While Edu had the satisfaction of getting it off his chest, he may diddly difference to whether the guitly parties were brought to account.

There's a difference between allowing the club to be proactive on the issue and reactive. Edu has prevented the club from dealing with it on a proactive basis.

It would have been much better if the first time the press heard about it was when Rangers made a statement on it.

By conducting himself i mean outside of a football match, how the hell has twitter got anything to do with playing a game of football?

At not 1 point did i condone what has happened, but do you think it is the best way to announce this over a social networking site?

Doesn't exactly give much respect to his employers does it?

Plus it gives the media a bloody field day on Rangers

There's a difference between allowing the club to be proactive on the issue and reactive. Edu has prevented the club from dealing with it on a proactive basis.

It would have been much better if the first time the press heard about it was when Rangers made a statement on it.

Concisely put ..... that's exactly the point.

Fair enough points.

However, I still fail to see why he shouldnt make it public where he likes. Freedom of speech and all. It is his prerogative to announce it where he likes irrespective of how ill-thought out it is.

I would much rather we focussed on the bigger issue being that it happened in the first place. Deplorable actions.

By conducting himself i mean outside of a football match, how the hell has twitter got anything to do with playing a game of football?

At not 1 point did i condone what has happened, but do you think it is the best way to announce this over a social networking site?

Doesn't exactly give much respect to his employers does it?

Plus it gives the media a bloody field day on Rangers

He wasnt playing football though, was he ? You can't see why he would be so irate as to announce this ? I can.

None of us have said or done things in the heat of the moment which, with further thought, you realise you shouldnt have ?

And how much respect did the culprits give to him as an individual, as someone who did all he could to improve the club last season, as someone who wasnt even inviolved in the debacle last night ?

Fair enough points.

However, I still fail to see why he shouldnt make it public where he likes. Freedom of speech and all. It is his prerogative to announce it where he likes irrespective of how ill-thought out it is.

I would much rather we focussed on the bigger issue being that it happened in the first place. Deplorable actions.

No one is denying him his right to talk about what happened, I just think he should first have acknowledged his professional responsibilities to his employer. Then he could talk all he likes to whoever he likes.