Gerspride conference, Sat 14 nov

Why are there so many disparate groups now, when I was a kid it was one body, how different bodies with different agendas can ever hope for consensus is the stuff of dreams or nightmares. Maybe it would be better to have one consolidated body, before any grandiose plans are made or mooted.

Taking into account what's gone on in the past couple of years, 17 small steps may be a better idea rather than 4 or 5 huge leaps.

:rfc:

Ahhhh, but it looks like ONE giant step. If I am right it is 17 different strategies with one of them eventually being chosen as the way forward.

Again, I could be wrong !

I still believe that the people who are in power at the moment and probably have all the connections are the ones to take this forward. As i said before i don't necessarily think they have to be the main people when it would come to the day to day running of the club i would think there are probably better managers and certainly more trusted and accepted people kicking around. As i see it if the fans ever did get control choosing the reps to run the club would be voted for at a later date.

Taking all the bickering, the Murray share sale fiasco and the lack of interest of the Gersave i would think we will be lucky to get anywhere near the supporters we would need. I live in hope.

I understand it was said at last w/e's meeting that the RST are considering 17 different plans to go forward with.

So it's definitely all bollocks then. Even the CIA couldn't come up with seventeen different proposals.:rolleyes:

Is anyone else getting that old familiar feeling that we're being strung along on another dead end road to nowhere? Rhetoric by the bucket full, if only empty rhetoric could help Rangers ... Murray's didn't and he tried for years.

I agreed at the time with the most telling point made yet in any of these threads - from memory it was by Zappa or Calscot, apologies I can't remember which - who said that supporter participation in the future running of the club would only happen if it was promoted voluntarily by the owners of the club. I still believe the Trust, with whatever other organisations in tow, will change nothing unless the club first accepts the benefits of supporter participation and drives it forward. Nothing I've seen so far suggests the Trust is persuading any prospective buyer to follow this path. There will be no revolution at Ibrox. Those who think otherwise don't know this club - or indeed the people who are currently pursuing this change.

So it's definitely all bollocks then. Even the CIA couldn't come up with seventeen different proposals.:rolleyes:

Is anyone else getting that old familiar feeling that we're being strung along on another dead end road to nowhere? Rhetoric by the bucket full, if only empty rhetoric could help Rangers ... Murray's didn't and he tried for years.

I agreed at the time with the most telling point made yet in any of these threads - from memory it was by Zappa or Calscot, apologies I can't remember which - who said that supporter participation in the future running of the club would only happen if it was promoted voluntarily by the owners of the club. I still believe the Trust, with whatever other organisations in tow, will change nothing unless the club first accepts the benefits of supporter participation and drives it forward. Nothing I've seen so far suggests the Trust is persuading any prospective buyer to follow this path. There will be no revolution at Ibrox. Those who think otherwise don't know this club - or indeed the people who are currently pursuing this change.

Maineflyer I think you have hit the preverbial nail on the head and as every day goes by more and more are backing away from where we were a few weeks ago , Dave King was going to buy us , then he was part of a consortium , next we had the West of Scotland 4 , then on the day the financials were announced the Florida Billionaire which just happened to go against what AJ was pleading for in the media that anyone interested should make themselves known , now the Souness rumour just because he said he didn't want the Scotland job , even Murray couldn't flim flam this well .

As I said earlier and Maineflyer more succinctly pointed out unless the club actually drive this forward and allow any fans group to get behind it we are going nowhere , we cannot successfully change anything without the will of the club