Let's hear it for Walter.

He rescued us after the Le Guen experiment and steadied the Club to the present where we sit at the top of the SPL.

He's put up with a lot since his return and has carried on the best he could.

He should have handed over at the end of last season but I believe he stayed on to see us through this rocky period which we all knew was coming.

He will leave after new ownership is established which will be at the end of this season after the League has been won again.

A true Rangers' Man to the (his) bitter end and should be heralded for his devotion to our great Club.

Just got in from the game i have never felt so low as a Rangers fan :(

an absolute dire lifeless peformance from the team the only player who i will give any pass marks too is Alan McGregor as he pulled off a few cracking saves to keep the score down.

Stuttgart are 16th in the German League and we were embarresed by them on and off the park bar the odd ****** in their support there fans were different class , we were shockingly quite but how can we sing when the peformance of the players is so bad ??

I am standing by if Walter Smith remains in charge next season i will be giving my season ticket up i feel like giving it up now to be honest sodo my 2 mates i sit with.

How many Champions League groups have we finshed rock bottom under Walter Smith ??? its an absolute embarresment he is a tactical caveman and has no clue how to win in Europe against decent opposition.

I pray that Walter goes in January and takes his backroom team with him as he is quickly draining my love of Glasgow Rangers and of football as a whole.

Yours in one hell of a pissed off mood

DJBLUE72

Let's hear it for Walter.

He rescued us after the Le Guen experiment and steadied the Club to the present where we sit at the top of the SPL.

He's put up with a lot since his return and has carried on the best he could.

He should have handed over at the end of last season but I believe he stayed on to see us through this rocky period which we all knew was coming.

He will leave after new ownership is established which will be at the end of this season after the League has been won again.

A true Rangers' Man to the (his) bitter end and should be heralded for his devotion to our great Club.

Are you on Crack ?? did you see tonights game and the group table,jesus Smith only has to breathe to please some fans.

Thanks Mainflier for the news that we are at or near the bottom. I was frightened we were only half way down. You have brightened me up.:thup:

I think we've been going downhill sine the mid 1990's, about 13-14 years or so. When you watch it for so long, it's hard to know where the bottom really is but judging by the reality that's kicked in among some who could see no wrong even 12 months ago, I'd say we've arrived somewhere pretty significant at last. Of course being at the bottom isn't exactly the same as heading up the other side.

I think we've been going downhill sine the mid 1990's, about 13-14 years or so. When you watch it for so long, it's hard to know where the bottom really is but judging by the reality that's kicked in among some who could see no wrong even 12 months ago, I'd say we've arrived somewhere pretty significant at last. Of course being at the bottom isn't exactly the same as heading up the other side.

Could you not realistically argue that the bottom was the end of ECk/PLG and that we're just on the upside of the nadir. It's not pretty, but it's certainly not the lowest point? At least when it comes to onfield matters (well results).

Walter's starting formation of 5-4-1 was a joke and he has to take a lot of criticism for that.

I heard it described as 3-4-3, but that was obviously by people who weren't watching the game. Boyd was isolated upfront, and the usual full backs were playing as, well, full backs.

Once we went one down he changed it back to the traditional 4-4-2 and things got better for a while.

Walter's starting formation of 5-4-1 was a joke and he has to take a lot of criticism for that.

I heard it described as 3-4-3, but that was obviously by people who weren't watching the game. Boyd was isolated upfront, and the usual full backs were playing as, well, full backs.

Once we went one down he changed it back to the traditional 4-4-2 and things got better for a while.

It was supposedly to be a 3-4-3 just before the game, but just looking at the line-up I posted in the match thread that Radio Scotland read out before the game started it didn't look anything like a 3-4-3 going by the players picked. Why on earth he would change to a back 3 or 5 in this game I just don't know. To think that I was told here that it was a bad idea to experiment by playing Bougherra at right back in place of Whittaker! :whistle:

Are you on Crack ?? did you see tonights game and the group table,jesus Smith only has to breathe to please some fans.

Hey Mr. DJ, I find you comments quite shallow and with little thought about the reality of Rangers F. C. 2009

Let me explain. Firstly, believe it or believe it not, I am not a great fan of Walter Smith's capabilities as a coach especially when playing in Europe. Mind you having said that, 2 seasons ago he got us to a European final by using the right tactics to suit the right players, as well as competing to the bitter end of another 3 competitions. Sure he has brought in some diddies but who amongst us knew they would turn out so. Every manager has bought some duds now and again.

If I remember about this time last year, many posters on here, myself included, were calling for his head. Last season we went on to be successful against all our expectations.

Tonight's performance was poor, but did you really expect anything else ? Smith is now clearly knackered but he must be respected for the work he has done over the years for us. He returned from the cushy Scotland job where he had taken our Country to our highest ever ranking in order to steady us.

Sure he is, and never, was an attack minded manager. He played to his strenghts which was to be cautious and rarely take risks. In other words, a steady manager who has suited our Club over the past few years and even more so now when "they" tell us our Club could face administration. Flamboyant he ain't.

Personally I hope Walter moves to the Board once any takeover business has been concluded and we move forward with a more exciting management team with better finances.