So, in under three years, Smith has bought 34 players, sold 81 players with a total spend of �£29.77m, bringing in �£23.05m.

And we're worse than ever. Once the over-emotional dry their eyes, how else are we to judge any menager.

Just to elaborate on those totals :-

Over almost 3 seasons including transfers for undisclosed fees, Walter Smith has actually only bought 19 players and sold 13 players. Not counting players out on loan he inherited a first team squad of 29 players and now has a squad of 31 players.

37 Players In

15 Transfer

10 Free

8 Loan

4 Undisclosed

Total Spend So Far �£29.77m

81 Players Out

28 Loan

17 Released

11 Free

10 Sold

9 End of contract

3 Undisclosed

2 Retired

1 Loan return

Total Income So Far �£23.05m

Balance so far �£-6.72m

I'm beginning to think my farts make more sense than Totti or Spanner. Tims or arseholes? who can say. Whilst I often disagree vehemently with MF or Gisa, at least they add value to the debate. I don't have the time now to consider the transfer figures now MF but will have a proper look in due course.

I'm beginning to think my farts make more sense than Totti or Spanner. Tims or arseholes? who can say. Whilst I often disagree vehemently with MF or Gisa, at least they add value to the debate. I don't have the time now to consider the transfer figures now MF but will have a proper look in due course.

And I thought you and I had walked the same path since I arrived here. This is a most disappointing revelation. ;)

So what of all the money he's had to spend since Jan 2007.....?

Not exactly a goldmine Norris because he's spent under �£7m since Jan 2007 when you balance the incoming transfers with the outgoing ones. We all thought he should buy Davis & most of us were pleased with the signing of Mendes. I've always thought we paid way too much for Lafferty, but not everyone agrees with me. Myself & many others didn't want him to sign either Miller or McCulloch & thought we paid too much for them & while I still don't rate either of them highly, that pair have now managed to win over quite a lot of people despite the fact that they're both shite footballers. It's all very strange. :whistle:

I haven't seen you make one single worthy or intelligent point. People in glass houses. All you seem to do is bury your head in the sand and criticise anyone who criticises the club. Talk about irony.

You represent the typical Rangers fan who thinks all is well in complete and utter ignorance and is scared to broach reality.

Ps - With regard to what Walter's had to spend, he's spent a lot more than Dan Petrescu who embarrassed him.

Edited by Totti

Not exactly a goldmine Norris because he's spent under �£7m since Jan 2007 when you balance the incoming transfers with the outgoing ones. We all thought he should buy Davis & most of us were pleased with the signing of Mendes. I've always thought we paid way too much for Lafferty, but not everyone agrees with me. Myself & many others didn't want him to sign either Miller or McCulloch & thought we paid too much for them & while I still don't rate either of them highly, that pair have now managed to win over quite a lot of people despite the fact that they're both shite footballers. It's all very strange. :whistle:

To be fair, he's spent nearly �£30m, presumably trying to create a successful team. The net spend is an accounting outcome, if I wanted to judge business managers I wouldn't ask Walter to step up on the podium. The actual spend is what he is judged on as a football manager, that's the money he employed to improve the team, lay down a legacy for the future. And that's a hell of a lot of money for a quite miserable return in almost all cases. We can talk about titles, trophies and UEFA cup but in the final analysis what Walter has achieved with that spend coiuld be seen at Ibrox on Tuesday evening and it was .... simply dreadful.

Whatever I think of Walter as a Rangers man is quite different from the way I see him as a tactician and motivator of players. But when it comes to the fundamentals of being able to spot a talent, take it another level and mould players iinto a successful team .... Walter ain't your man, never was.

Jeeesh fella, you know how to hand out the compliments. There I was, thinking I'm an intelligent and provocative contributor and all along I'm just catching crumbs from your table. Something's not right here but only one of us knows what it is.