I'd give up now mate, there's certain things the head-in-the-sand Walter Loyal just won't discuss.

Same old sanctimonious crap from those who run down Rangers. In what way am I burying my head in the sand? Just because I don’t subscribe to your extreme point of view? I would say you can’t see the facts for your negativity. What can we really learn from Unirea? Not to deflect the ball in the net? Did Walter teach players to do this? What exactly is this wisdom you profess to have, because it sounds like naive nonsense to me?

I am aware of what’s going on enough to tell the difference between being played off the park, like the Stuttgart at Ibrox game, or sheer bad luck, like the Unirea at Ibrox game or bad refereeing like the Seville at Ibrox game. I’m also discerning enough to have seen us play better than the teams away from home, but unluckily only earn a couple of draws.

I’m afraid you and others lack this awareness, but your heads are buried so deep, you can’t see any other heads so you assume they are all in the sand.

I submit to you, that YOU and others are actually acting like you are startled rabbits who are transfixed by fear of glaring headlights. You’re frozen with fear and can see no way out so may as well lie down and die. A rabbit that can see negativity AND positivity, can either keep on running, run back or get in the middle of the lights and duck down.

Afterwards, instead of putting all his energy into castigating himself for being crap at crossing the road, he could instead put his mind to work out where the best place to cross is and when.

I can't comment on stats that don't seem to make any sense. Where do the 19 games come from? Where do the 14 defeats come from? As far as I recall his record since coming back is 5-5-7.

Rangers complete record in the European Cup is pretty poor and in fact Walter gave us what is probably our best ever run in the competition in whatever from, and our best ever results. Scottish football has really over performed for a large part of our history and still we made very little impact before or since Walter except for one semi final appearance.

With the state of Scottish football now, I don’t expect the SPL champions to do much in a league where we are now minnows from a lazy and unhealthy country of only 5M people who would rather spend what money they have on watching football on TV from our neighbouring country.

We can expect no more than a sporadic good run – like Unirea are having. Why should we expect more of a chance than you’d expect from a team from the likes of Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Ireland, Lithuania etc? Why should we be so special apart from having 50k paying customers who provide a fraction of the income of a middling Premiership club?

You are completely ignoring what is happening to Scottish football and just saying it is all Walter’s fault – who is really burying their head in the sand here? You are so blind that you can’t see that there is very little chance of finding a manager that can do any better in the current climate. A manager with no money to spend and at a club in financial crisis.

Some of us take it all into account and analyse the bigger picture – yet we get it in the neck for being ignorant – you couldn’t make it up.

If we were not given a going over you obviously have a high pain threshold, the Germans were different class, until you face up to the facts you will never find the cure.

You failed to comment on WS's record, I am not surprised.

Find the cure to what? How to stop a �£30M team from a country of 5M people losing to a �£150M team from a country of 85M people?

Oh do tell us about your succinct diagnosis and possible cure... oh yeah wasn't it sacking the manager - brilliant! :whistle:

Find the cure to what? How to stop a �£30M team from a country of 5M people losing to a �£150M team from a country of 85M people?

Oh do tell us about your succinct diagnosis and possible cure... oh yeah wasn't it sacking the manager - brilliant! :whistle:

I understand your point, if it wasn't for bad luck WS would have no luck at all. You rather contradict your own arguement about cost and population, I believe Unirea cost about fourpence halpenny to assemble, Petrescu fancies the Ibrox hotseat, could do worse. :)

All the talk of sacking WS is crazy at this time,IMO. I do agree WS is probably not the manager to take us forward, but I can't think of any other manager I would want in charge right now,or who would actually want it, and until our financial predicament is sorted out I can't see that changing. We all knew we were not good enough to compete in the CL before we entered it, didn't we?,dissapointed ?yes,surprised?,no. I will now be accused of burying my head in the sand, fair enough, but I'll stick with WS until the end of the season thanks.

I understand your point, if it wasn't for bad luck WS would have no luck at all. You rather contradict your own arguement about cost and population, I believe Unirea cost about fourpence halpenny to assemble, Petrescu fancies the Ibrox hotseat, could do worse. :)

Do you not think Unirea can get these players cheaper than if Rangers went after them?

I understand your point, if it wasn't for bad luck WS would have no luck at all. You rather contradict your own arguement about cost and population, I believe Unirea cost about fourpence halpenny to assemble, Petrescu fancies the Ibrox hotseat, could do worse.

I really don't think you get the economic side at all. If money to spend is equal everywhere then surely Petrescu must be the best manager in the World after spending "fourpence halpenny"?

Surely Seville and Stuttgart should be also be firing their managers? And should any other club who doesn't get to the second round of the CL after spending significantly more than the Romanian champs?

Yeah, makes a lot of sense. It's a bit like saying Walter Smith is a fantastic manager for getting Rangers to the UEFA cup final ahead of all those rich English, German and Italian teams. But maybe not eh? Doesn't fit your agenda.

I also find it amusing that you say Walter Smith never has good luck - is that not your little negative nancy club's standard theory about how we got to the UEFA final and won 4 trophies in the last two seasons?

Which is it to be?

All the talk of sacking WS is crazy at this time,IMO. I do agree WS is probably not the manager to take us forward, but I can't think of any other manager I would want in charge right now,or who would actually want it, and until our financial predicament is sorted out I can't see that changing. We all knew we were not good enough to compete in the CL before we entered it, didn't we?,dissapointed ?yes,surprised?,no. I will now be accused of burying my head in the sand, fair enough, but I'll stick with WS until the end of the season thanks.

A lot of sense which some just don't get.

So why didn't Rangers go after them, they appear to have beaten us four one at home as I recall, bad luck and the angle of the dangle notwithstanding, of course it is hardly the fault of Unirea WS's piss poor abysmal signings, his CL record of 5 wins from 29 matches 14 defeats and 10 draws is hardly worthy of credit, dropping 64 points from a possible 89, hardly awe inspiring.